Streak time limit

I lost my streak yesterday because bunpro decided that the day ends at 24:00, while for me at least the day ends when I go to bed, which during vacation can be past midnight.
I feel more than a bit annoyed to lose a 200+ streak because I was 10 minutes late with my reviews after some arbitrarily deadline I did not know about. I don’t think cutting the streak at a fixed time really fits with the idea of a streak of studying every day, but it definitely should not be a time during which a lot of people are stil regularly awake.

1 Like

I think if you ask nicely the staff might be able to reinstate the streak for you :slight_smile:

And if you ask reaaaaally nicely, I’m sure the staff will at least consider introducing an option of changing your “day start” time to something that would suit you, though it might not be right at the top of their to do list :smiley:

5 Likes

Pretty sure much of the world decides the day ends at 2400, but you do you.

You can post here to reinstate the 200-day streak.

4 Likes

I suppose you could use a hacky way and change the timezone?

2 Likes

At the bottom of the page you can manually enter in your Streak number depending on what you think it should be. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ooh, does this mean I can create a Duolingo-like grace period for myself? With great power comes great responsibility, indeed. :sweat_smile:

I’m waiting for someone to type 1000 and jump straight to the badge, lol!

4 Likes

I was tempted lol, but I know damn well that the longest streak Ive ever put together was 1 month.

2 Likes

Or 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 :joy:

If you really can just enter any number, it does seem to be open to abuse :confused:

And then there are certain types like me (idiots) who might be tempted to try entering decimals, ridiculously large numbers, negative numbers etc. just to see what happens, then probably forget which number to put it back to afterwards :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

“If ever I believe my work is done, then I’ll start back at one” - Brian McKnight.

2 Likes

Wow this websites incredible to have something like that…

For me personally I would rather it was just off forever, as even though I do SRS everyday I would rather not ‘count’ days

2 Likes