Streak?!

Hey, did something change with the streak calculation? Yesterday, I still had my 200+ day streak, and when I checked today…I’m suddenly at 5. I use PST as my timezone, and I’ve specifically never ever recalculated my streak. Was there a server side recalculation or something?

This is heartbreaking.

4 Likes

FWIW, my steak is unchanged so this problem might be isolated to your account.

I had my first long streak cut short at the end of July, but I think it was because I misunderstood what would happen when I changed time zones and then belatedly recalculated.

4 Likes

Hey :bowing_man:

I have contacted the tech part of the team, I think they might fix the issue!

Cheers,

@mrnoone I think you guys really need to change how streak and study history works… why does it erase my history and affects my streak if I reset an item to get some extra study??? This is completely backwards. Extra study should be rewarded and not punished by breaking motivation like that. Just create a separate table in DB for the study history… so that it is not affected by individual items.

3 Likes

You can do extra study within cram and it doesn’t effect streaks. Particularly, you can focus only on troubled grammar and/or studied sentences if preferred.

1 Like

@monkeytunes Hey! We are sorry that this has happened! There were no recalculations on our end. The only way that you could have gone from a 200-day streak to a five-day streak is if you changed your timezone and then recalculated your streak. Is it possible that you missed a day and then tried to recalculate your streak or change your timezone to regain the streak? If this is not the case, we should be able to manually revert your streak. Just let us know. Cheers!

@Kuromaku Are you talking about your daily streak or the streak that you see for an individual grammar point (the 12 stamps listed under the structure box)? If you are talking about your daily streak, that is only affected if you recalculate your streak after you reset an item. If you are talking about the grammar point’s SRS streak, then a reset is designed to wipe SRS history for that item so that you can “start over” with that particular item. You are right that we need to take another look at how streak, stats, XP, and SRS are affected when resetting items.

As @s1212z says, extra study can be done through cram that does not affect your streak. In addition, any review done on Bunpro (whether it is a regular Bunpro review, a Self Study item, or anything on Cram) will count toward your daily streak. So, even if you do not have any “regular” reviews, you can still use Cram to maintain your daily streak. Cheers!

2 Likes

My 136 streak is still fine though

1 Like

Seems like just a few more customizable features within Cram or offline reviews would help ALOT of people, myself included as it certainly seems more people are look for extra practice for particular grammar points (or even just particular sentences). When I’m reading users forcing wrong answers for ghost repeats or forcing reset items while ruining streaks, it messes with the history stats and time intervals…overall, not an ideal way to use SRS.

I’ve opted to build my own personal decks within Kitsun which is something I can do in parallel with BP and still get the flashcard-comprehension practice I was looking for. Not ideal either as I don’t particularly enjoy deck building (and why I like WK & BP and strayed away from Anki) but it works for what I want to do and plus Kitsun has great features. But I’ve completely under-utilized the Cram feature on BP and hope make more use of it; particular if it continues to get developed.

1 Like