Suggestion: Announcement category on Community

Hi, hopefully this hasn’t been suggested before, but here goes.

I have been finding my mailbox getting a bit flooded with community notifications lately. I would like to turn them off mostly, but I have realized that this would mean missing out on the various announcement type topics from Asher, Jake, etc.

Would it be possible to create a new category on the community called Announcements or similar, which only the staff members could make new topics in and use this for news and announcement type posts? This would let me subscribe only to notifications for those types of posts.

If I’m missing some obvious feature or way to achieve this with the current functionality, please let me know.

10 Likes

You can unfollow topics you are not interested in. I think by default any thread that you post a reply to gets set to notify you. You can check near the bottom of any thread.

Also if you go to your profile settings under notifications there are more settings that you can configure to set to your liking.

Also those community type announcements are always broadcast to bunpro so you won’t miss them if you look there.

2 Likes