Taking a break -- progress saved?

I, like many of us, have been hitting Bunpro hard the last couple months in order to prep for the JLPT. After it’s over, I was planning on shifting to only immersion stuff for a little while (maybe a month or two.) If I cancel my subscription, will be progress be saved for when I inevitably return?

Also, for those of you who may have purchased lifetime subscription, what are your thoughts? I’m playing around with the idea of doing that instead as well, since this may not be the only break I take and I’m on a monthly subscription now. I tend to shift the way I study every 4 or 5 months just to give my brain a little shock.

Thanks in advance for the input!

3 Likes

Regarding the first paragraph - yes all your progress will remain even if you let your subscription run out! I would recommend on the day you plan on taking a break to activate vacation mode in your settings (under the Settings > General sub-category) so when/if you return, you don’t have an absurdly large review pile to tackle which is… no fun at all haha.

3 Likes

In regard to the lifetime. Studying Japanese is a very long process for the vast majority of people, so if you can still see yourself here in a few years, I’d say go for it. With ongoing development, you may even have access to many things a few years from now that you didn’t even know you needed or wanted right now :sweat_smile:.

Purely from a learner perspective (not an employee of Bunpro), I’d say it’s worth it. Especially now with the new cram tools which will be helpful for years even after reaching your personal goals :fire:.

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, I will definitely make sure to activate vacation mode… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I definitely agree…I’m leaning towards doing that as Bunpro has been an invaluable resource for me, and one that I’ve come to use daily. The more I learn, the more I realize I have a lot more to learn, ya know? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes