Tool for Tracking Pages/Books Read/Reading

What I find problematic of your approach, regarding difficulty is that you have it in a variable form.

While learnatively uses “Level” based, your difficulty % is going to change over time. Hopefully to the better, but that means you will have to constantly revisit to get accurate results

Maybe you should pair your grading/enjoyment with the date you did the read to get an idea in the future, as you add more data to it, you might forget when you have read and how far you have advanced since then.

1 Like

Ahh I see

Lol I did actually see the Tsubasa Bunko books you bought in your thread. How are they? I read a different book by the author of 怪盗レッド and that one was pretty good albeit kinda formulaic. Is 星にねがいを! that one about the girl who has a one-sided crush and then something or other magical happens?

Speaking of dictionaries
Do you know about Shirabe Jisho? The kanji handwriting recognition feels really good (even for someone like me who accidentally writes everything wrong). Sometimes you can legit just vaguely scribble part of a kanji (like if you saw it on say a ds game font) and it still gets it somehow. Makes manual lookups a breeze

Hmm I guess that makes sense. It’s pretty unlikely to happen but it would really suck if it did

Digital is really good for prices though tbh. I wanted to send one of my best friends a book and shipping would have cost upwards of 150 bucks. Made the like 17 dollar ebook seem reasonable (also thank goodness Honto has gifting and allows foreign cards)

Ahh I will! Neither of my accounts are at all filled out but I think I’ve followed on 1/2 hang on

1 Like

I don’t have an Apple device and seems like an Apple thing only.

Utterly boring sadly, I had to drop it. It felt like a card captor sakura knockoff.

Ooh I see hmm

I mean that’s kinda the point I think
Not really to measure the difficulty of an individual book so much as to measure my enjoyment of something in relation to how difficult I found it to be at the time, if that makes sense

It does mean the average difficulty measurements are kinda useless tho I think

What do you mean by difficulty percent tho? I feel like I might be misreading your comment lol

Ahh true though I should prolly add dates to things

I majored in physics but yes I did take some CS classes. CS really isn’t required though to build a website… most of the things you learn in CS aren’t that applicable to most websites. If you want to learn how to build websites, you just kinda have to start trying :slight_smile: But if you are interested in coding, CS is of course a good degree!

No not yet :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:. There’s a very long to do list and unfortunately I don’t think that one is terribly high on the list. It is on there though!

2 Likes

Ooh I see.
Although I do wonder if revisiting a book might add new factors into the mix? Cause it might go quicker just from already knowing what’s happening

Also I guess being focus on getting the context rather than getting suck on a word is also a skill

1 Like

Ooh it might be. I looked and up and apparently there’s an APK but I have no idea what that means

Aww that’s too bad. The cover’s pretty

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, maybe by the time I revisit it’s implemented!

2 Likes

Here you go. This is what my journal looks like:

SPOILERS ON THE RIGHT SIDE! I kinda wrote (in Japanese) what I think about stuff or I copied a few sentences !

Click me to see :D

As it is my first time doing something like this, I just went for it…

The stickers, I bought some of them in Japan, some of them from CDJapan. eg:
CDJapan : Sumikkogurashi 6th Sticker Book Shufutoseikatsusha BOOK

For uni, my advice would be to pick something that you enjoy (and finish the 3/4 years) and you think / know that you can get the best grade in. You can always start to code on the side and pick a few new skills / abilities.

3 Likes

Love it.
I begun doing the notes in paper in the beginning and then copying to the computer, but ended doing digital only in the end.

Also I do it daily so I guess it makes sense it makes more sense that it’s like that.

Keep up the good work.

Also where I can buy the official art

3 Likes

Thanks.
The art is one of kind you know while drinking a glass of wine in the evening. I would not be able to replicate it haha…

To keep this sort of on topic… @Lock , I have read a few light novel volumes twice and it can really help… I spent some time learning the vocab used in the story while reading other books to gain more reading experience.

After 4 months or so, the second time was a bit more fun as I could understand more, read faster and found things which I missed the first time. I would only re-read a volume if I feel like I can really benefit something from doing it. It really depends on the story and initial read.

2 Likes

Man I love seeing people’s handwriting!
I get the feeling of it sometimes taking a year to read a book (the March-April one)
I feel like some books (okay maybe most books) I read a couple pages then repeatedly forget about it

Ooh I see. I guess I need to find something I enjoy then :thinking:
I wish there were a major in sleeping

2 Likes