聞き耳ラジオの要約

Hello. I just recently completed my first entry on satori reader, and wanted to write a short summary that I am going to deliver to my Japanese tutor later this week. Before that, I wanted to post it here so that people can read and correct anything that sounds weird. I included an English translation underneath so you can see roughly what I was going for.

聞き耳ラジオという話は、無名な女の人についての話です。その人は毎朝、仕事に行く前に、家の近くの散歩コースがある公園でウォーキングをします。ある日、いつものように公園に行ったら、フリーマーケットがあることに気づきます。そのフリーマーケットで、不思議なおじいさんから、ちょっと変で、小さいラジオを買います。そのラジオを通して動物の声を聞いたら、言葉がわかるようになることがすぐわかってきて、よく動物の話を聞きます。でもある日、カラスたちから地震が来て、津波が町を呑み込むと聞きます。あの人が町役場で働くから、その情報で、みんなを警告することを決めます。それで、地震が起こったら、防災無線でみんなに、「津波が来る、高台ところに避難してください」と放送します。それで、地震でけがをした人がいたけど、津波でなくなった人は一人もいません。という理由で、町長から感謝してもらいます。

Translation

Kiki Mimi Radio is about an anonymous woman who, every morning before work, goes walking at a walking course in a park near her house. One day, when she went to the park as usual, she noticed that there was a flea market in the park. At the flea market, she buys a small, strange radio from an odd old man. She soon realizes that, when listening to animals through the radio, she can understand their words, and she frequently listens to their stories. But one day, she hears from some crows that an earthquake is coming, and a tsunami will swallow up the town. Since she works at the town hall, she decides to use this information to warn the townspeople. Then, when the earthquake happens, she uses the emergency broadcast system to alert the town of the incoming tsunami, and tells them to evacuate to higher ground. Because of this, although some people were injured from the earthquake, nobody was killed by the tsunami. For this reason, she is thanked by the mayor.

Thanks.

5 Likes

I’m unfortunately not competent enough at writing to help critique this with any confidence, but I’d be curious to see what feedback you get from your tutor if you don’t mind posting it.

3 Likes