Unclear what grammar point it is asking for

So I’m unsure if there is maybe a way in settings to make it more clear which point they are asking for. In the example above, the only information I was given was ‘polite’, which のみます fits the description for, and I’m not entirely sure how I was meant to know they actually wanted のみにいきます? The hints for me come up in Japanese, which is probably great if you’re N1 but at my N4/N5 level is more confusing than helpful.

2 Likes

When you enter reviews go into settings and adjust the default hint level and order how you like. You can also press space bar on web I believe to cycle through the hints

3 Likes

There’s several levels of hints, so try pressing the hint button/space once more?

3 Likes

I think it is ultimately the intention of conjugation tags that you don’t need any other hints (Japanese explanation or English translation) to guess the expected answer.
That said, in short sentences, like in your example, you still need something to pick one of several possible options. This sentence could’ve been about going out for a drink, or getting smashed at home, or inviting someone to drink together, or telling someone not to drink, let’s say.

With default hint settings like in IcyIceBear’s screenshot, it will show a couple of English words at first, seems workable.

2 Likes

Like everyone else on this post has suggested, give the hint level function a spin!
The more you press the space the more information you’ll be provided to be able to answer.

It’s meant to help you out and the content is designed to be useful to you with or without hints, so you can use as much or as little of it as you want and still benefit from it.

1 Like

Oh I forgot you can change the hints you get. Whenever I get a question and I don’t know what it wants I just go for it. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten it right but you know. I accept my fate without fear or hesitation

2 Likes