Update - Ever been to Osaka? Nah, Kansaiben

Just to echo what many other people have already said: thanks very much for adding this! 関西弁 is one of those things that I frequently encounter in Japanese media, but since it’s often not well documented in conventional teaching materials, I’m regularly left scratching my head trying to find references for specific words or phrases. And while it may be true there are 関西弁 resources on YouTube or elsewhere, I greatly dislike YouTube and video instructional materials in general. It’s nice to have an alternate source like this.

5 Likes

Ooh, I’m excited to start this after I get at least partway through N4! I’m currently 88% of the way through N5 so this is giving me more motivation to finish.

I know the chances of y’all adding Fukuiben are pretty small since it’s not one of the bigger dialects and there don’t seem to be many resources for it, but I, for one, would be very interested if y’all ever did.

3 Likes

I would love 北海道弁 so I can understand wtf my Kyudo teacher is saying half the time.

7 Likes

Looks like one of the sentences in the Kansaiben deck has a funny typo.

4 Likes

Hahah, nice find! Fixed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No.

8 Likes

Nice! Hopefully I’ll be able to catch a bit more of what those Kansai comedians are saying now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It would be cool if the search grammar would returns these points too, as the vocabulary is returned with the tag 関西弁.

@HotAirGun want some choco-mint ice?

4 Likes

Nice, this is something to check once I’m done with N4.

Are there any plans for a deck focused on anime / manga grammar points not covered in the N-paths?

4 Likes

他には?

4 Likes

Chocolate Ice …

4 Likes

やったぜ! :sparkles:

4 Likes

nice! when will you add the audio?

4 Likes

I hadnt really thought about the different dialects but it was rather interesting seeing how things change depending on where a person is from.

This song is now stuck in my head again and its all your fault

3 Likes

Found another error @Asher . The やんか grammar point info is duplicated on the the information section.

4 Likes

This is VERY cool, can’t wait to understand 関西弁 a whole a lot better.

I noticed something missing though, maybe you could add せや(な) for completeness’s sake? It’s even got its own entry in the EDICT dictionary (basically, it’s そうだ(ね)), but it’d be nice to have it in the deck to strengthen the association with everything else in the dialect.

4 Likes

Can anyone explain the pun to me ?

4 Likes

“Kansaiben” sounds exactly like “Can’t say I’ve been” to the person who came up with it.
I think.

But who knows what goes on in @Asher 's mind… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Ohh yeah ok i see haha.

3 Likes

Nothing interesting, I assure you :rofl:. Also, yep, that’s the pun.

2 Likes