Update - Feb 4th, 2021

New Settings Pages

The settings page has been reworked. New Settings versus Old Settings . :upside_down_face:
Fair warning once you see how bad the old settings page was, it can’t be unseen.

Beyond bringing the settings page up to date stylistically, it is now a lot more extensible making this the important first step in providing a slew of new settings to let you customize how you use Bunpro (including features for power users). I have included a few new settings with this release:

• Start Page (Page that displays after logging in or using the Bunpro Home button.)
    Currently the options are “Dashboard” or “Profile”. Please let me know if there are other pages you would prefer to start from.

• Review Forecast (Choose the default display for your review forecast on your dashboard.)

• Opt-In Beta (Get access to cutting edge features before they are officially launched.)

• Email Notifications (Automated weekly progress reports and others see more

Additionally vacation mode is available regardless of subscription status.

As always, please let me know if you have any feedback, spot any bugs or have any constructive criticism!

34 Likes

Hell yeah

/thread

4 Likes

One thing: if you would put Bunpro logo with the link to the place where it always is, it would make it a little bit more natural from laziness (ergonomics) point of view since most of us is probably used to click in that place when we want to go main page. :hugs:

4 Likes

Autopilot always makes me click on the vacation mode button when my brain tries to make my hand find a save setting button instead.

7 Likes

Typo: “Vactaion”

4 Likes

Nice! This is much more manageable.

One thing: Maybe update the description text for Focus mode. Right now it says “Automatically review in Focus mode.” Okay…what is focus mode? I know I can check the FAQ, but it would be nice to have an explainer right here. All the other points already do a good job of this, e.g. bunny mode “Speed up reviews by going to the next question instantly!”

6 Likes

Haha, just had to go into my settings earlier today and noticed the change. Didn’t know it was this recent though :stuck_out_tongue:

A fantastic improvement, kudos, I love it :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for your hard work!
A suggestion, please let us sort the cram grammar page by path order. Currently it is somewhat time consuming to select grammar points to cram.
Cheers!

1 Like

@Jake
Yes, you guys are on the right trajectory! :slight_smile:
All recent changes have been great.

3 Likes

I’m happy now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks much better! Great work! :slight_smile: :+1:

My one suggestion would be to add a small hint that Vacation Mode will not protect the study streak, something like

Going away for a while and worried about your reviews piling up? Use vacation mode to keep that from happening. However, missing your reviews for a day will still lose your streak!

Or just use the “protect-the-streak”-formulation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Changed the header back to normal.

@koko191 Thanks for pointing that out. I have changed it to be a slider rather than a button.

@flowsnake :sweat_smile:

@quadban Thanks for the suggestion. I have changed the description to make it clear.

@opgjoh I have added the warning for study streak.

@Sunspots I will see what I can do about improving the cram page!

5 Likes

I just stumbled upon the new settings (missed this thread) and noticed the verbiage about vacation mode NOT protecting the study streak.

Well I remember this thread where I argued vacation mode shouldn’t protect the streak (as it is labeled now) versus vacation mode protecting the streak. The admins came in and said vacation mode WOULD protect the streak.

So now the new verbiage indicates the streak wont be protected (which I agree with) but is contradictory to what the admins decided.

Good point! I will take a look at that.

1 Like