Using Bunpro Effectively

Hello Everyone. Can someone point me toward the ‘User Manual’ for this incredible resource we call Bunpro? While I have improved tremendously since subscribing, I still feel very lost outside of tackling my reviews. I feel like I am leaving a lot on the table. I still don’t understand the cram function, have never seen a flashcard, and am unsure about the best way to use decks, etc. I know there is a thread somewhere, but I had no luck locating it this time. Thank you!!!

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s any sort of user manual. Try features out and look at your settings. You can customize the review type. Some people use reveal and grade rather than fill in to get build up a large reading vocabulary more quickly.

The best use of cram that I’ve found is to cram new grammar points from a particular lesson every day for a week before adding them into my review queue. This helped me separate the new content from similar grammar points I’d learned previously and to gain some exposure to the rules for applying the grammar in various contexts.

Decks are best used in conjunction with participating in the book club. They’re there to give you flexibility to how you want study. You can set up your study session to automatically learn new content from decks you’ve chosen to study from.

2 Likes

So I’m on PC and here are the buttons
Learn and review you already know

Decks: groups bunpro ‘lessons’ in to categories like ‘n4 vocab’, “Genki textbook grammar”.
You can use this for the book club as amberglade said.
Once you pick a deck, you can browse through the list or review only the cards in that deck (when I don’t want to do my reviews, I’ll do only N5)

Contents is not a descriptive name.
First up in grammar and vocab search.
Lessons list bunpro grammar by N level
Textbook also links to the decks page
and book marks are any grammar you have bookmarked

Last tab is practice
Cram, the format is like a review session, but unlike decks, don’t decrease the amount of reviews. Listening practice is also available in cram
Reading practice is also under this tab.
There are 10 reading passages for each N level

Hope that helps

2 Likes

You get used to everything with time and now exactly what you want to use and what you don’t, you don’t have to use it all depending on your needs.
effective for me is skipping a lot of the features that I do elsewhere (vocabulary, lessons for example), for others they are effective.

Now I also felt a bit lost at start, I feel Bunpro has a serious UX problem for newcomers.
I had no idea what a deck or a path is, which one I should use, or should I go for the study buttons on the main page, why do I get this large statistics on the main page etc…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I got something valuable from each of your responses.

1 Like