Various Updates - August 13th 2022

Hey All!

We thought we would compile a list of small changes and bug fixes we have made in the past couple of weeks to keep everyone updated on the less visible and behind the scenes changes we are continually making.

SRS Names

SRS levels now have names. You can hover on the level name to see their relevant SRS streaks.

Beginner: 0-3
Adept: 4-6
Seasoned: 7-9
Expert: 10-11
Master: 12

SRS Progress Breakdown

You can now click on the SRS tiles shown above and it will open a popout with a breakdown of which grammar or vocab (if you are using vocab in the open beta).

Clicking on the grammar point or vocab will open it in a new tab.

JLPT Progress Breakdown bars

While the color theme isn’t finalized yet, you can get a better feel of how each JLPT level is progressing at a glance.

Auto Expand Grammar/Vocab Info [New Setting]

Toggling the Auto-Expand Info option in your settings: https://bunpro.jp/settings/general will automatically show the information window after submitting an answer.

Footer Redesign

While this won’t likely impact many, we have made more relevant things accessible via a new footer.

Bug Fixes/Adjustments:

• Fixed an issue with alternate answers in custom study questions.
  • Made badges larger, fixed a bug where they overflow on mobile.
  • Removed half steps from review forecast charts.
  • Limit the notifications dropdown to be 6 items instead of 10.
  • Bug where ghost reviews weren’t scheduled for the top of the hour when they were created.
  • Adjusted the on screen location of the “Quiz Me” box when learning new content.

Over the past few months we have been in a nurture phase, focusing more on bug fixes and end user quality of life improvements. We will continue to give Bunpro the TLC it needs over the coming weeks and months.

That being said, stay tuned for a pretty awesome new feature we will be releasing into beta later next week. Think immersion! :male_detective:

As always we sincerely appreciate the feedback and suggestions you provide! We hope these changes will make using Bunpro easier and more enjoyable.

64 Likes

Great update. My favorite since the introduction of better grammar point summaries.

6 Likes

おつかれさまでーす!

7 Likes

Very nice!

I’ve been looking for something like the SRS breakdown so that’s especially welcome :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

8 Likes

?
What is this? I didn’t even know there was a “Quiz Me” box at all. Could some one give me the skinny on this please

5 Likes

Just signed up for my first subscription month and I can tell you’re dedicated to continuously improving your product - keep up the great work!

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is only when you’re doing the “Learn a batch of new grammar!” found on the main page in the top left corner:

This window will pop up when you’re done learning all of the grammar for that batch.

5 Likes

Oh wow I had never seen that before. I just sent mine to genki when I started and never knew what it did. Thanks for the info

5 Likes

The progress bars are great. Now they tell a deeper story.

5 Likes

The new auto expand grammar info setting will auto expand the info even when you type in a similar grammar point and get a hint - this obviously spoils the answer if you happen to not remember it.

(I love this new setting though, by the way - nice one guys)

6 Likes

Good catch! We noticed it late last week and got it fixed already, should be made live relatively soon!

5 Likes

Loving all the updates you guys are doing here, really appreciate the Vocabulary and Grammar being seperate.

5 Likes

すげ〜!こんなに沢山新しい機能を足してくれました!よくやりました!
文プローを磨き続けて頑張ってください!

5 Likes

乙カレー!( ´Д` )ノ

1 Like

Good job on this update, small yet great features !

Maybe that’s just me, but I’d make a little more obvious that the SRS buttons are buttons. Without looking this post I wouldn’t think about hovering it to see the cursor change.

Keep up the great work ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes