Vocab review : manual + bunpro cloze

Hello,

I use bunpro as my main tool for learning vocabulary. I like how bunpro cloze works for learning vocabulary in context. However, I feel like I would really need to review this vocabulary from japanese to english aswell.
Basically, I would like for each vocab word to review it both with bunpro cloze and manual input.

The only way I could manage to do it now is by using another account, which isn’t really convenient.

Is there any way to review my vocab with both bunpro cloze and manual input, instead of having to chose only one in my deck settings?

Many thanks!

7 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

We have ideated around the ability to option to provide extra reviews that you can opt into. We will see how we can work the flashcard style into it as an option.

10 Likes

I would really like this as well!

3 Likes

It’s the recall vs recognition dilemma.

• Having the vocab pronounciation (audio) available would help—one would hear the word after typing it in and implicitly learn to recognise it.
  • Having the reverse flashcards (EN-JP, JP-EN) for each vocab item would also help. Probably the easiest to implement for the Flashcard review mode, and trickier for other two.
  • Some strategy based on a gradual transition from recognition to recall can be considered; one would start with, say, 3 recognition reps and after SRSing them correctly move to 5 recall reps for each vocab item. This is the most interesting approach, since it would be a novelty in the language learning methodology. Ideally the optimal strategy would be figured by research.
3 Likes