What are the SRS intervals?

This is primarily addressed to the admins. @Jake @Pushindawood @whoeverelsetheremightbe

I remember reading this post a while back.

https://community.wanikani.com/t/文プロbunpro-update-cram-for-the-jlpt-japanese-grammar-srs-study-site/19756/143?u=kumirei

Is this still current? I didn’t see any change mention in the logs, but that post is so old a change might not have made it to the logs.

8 Likes

@mrnoone I see that you are on; do you know what the intervals are?

1 Like

@Pushindawood would you mind answering this while you’re on?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, these are still the current SRS intervals for your regular reviews. Since we were planning on incorporating Ghost Reviews into the site, we weren’t sure if we were going to alter the normal SRS. We still want to revisit the intervals for normal reviews to make them more intuitive. We are open to any and all suggestions and would love to hear what works best for everyone. Thank you for your patience. Cheers.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Ghost reviews have been incorporated since your last reply, so I’m curious if the intervals are still correct? Although the main question I was looking an answer for is: How long does it take between learning a new grammar point for the first time and finishing it (i.e. it not showing up anymore in reviews/the equivalent of WK’s burned item)?

4 Likes

@Nenad Thank you for your inquiry! Ghost Reviews actually run on a different spaced repetition system separate from regular reviews (4 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, and 48 hrs, meaning that you will see your Ghost sentence four times over four days). For regular reviews, if you do each review immediately when it becomes available, it takes approximately one year and two months from your first review with a grammar point until your last. Cheers!

4 Likes

Sorry to bring back dead threads, but I have been suspecting this for a long time, just never been able to confirm it for myself.

On Wanikani, review SRS times are bunched into sections of whole hours. So if you do a review at 3:44, it will reappear at 7:00.

It is obvious that BunPro’s intervals are at least smaller, but are there any intervals at all? The BunPro planner script is always just struggling with predicting the right review times, and sometimes reviews just seem to appear out of nowhere. Is this some glitchiness on BunPro’s side, or do you simply just not have any interval sections?

2 Likes

I remember hearing its every 30 minutes, but I’m not sure.

3 Likes

Strangely though, the planner script divides in sections of 15 minutes. Ill see if I get only reviews on exact intervals.

2 Likes