What are your thoughts on the current state of the Dashboard?

And while we are on the topic of the Review Forecast and other charts on the dashboard, can we make them taller? They are so “smashed” that they are hard to read. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree, I’d like to see some way to know if I had done reviews/cram that day or not. Maybe change the streak number to be greyed out if you’ve yet to do anything for that day? Or some other kind of noticeable difference between needing to still do something to keep the streak or not.

1 Like

Hi @Daru, I just thought of another “nice to have” feature on the dashboard. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it before or not, but I would like to have a separation of vocab and grammar on the SRS levels for this part:

I am almost finished with N5, so my highest grammar is only Level 9. But I added 1140 “known” vocab words from Wanikani so it skews the data a bit. It would be nice to be able to see how the grammar and vocab are progressing separately.

3 Likes

Something I noticed today as I was starting to try out the vocab feature, is the srs level breakdown needs to distinguish between vocab and grammar. I can’t use bunpro’s vocab feature because I use that breakdown in order to pace learning grammar, but adding vocab makes that much harder to do.

I guess this is kinda the same as what the post above is saying but I do think this is a pretty important change to make.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! We’re cooking up something cool for the Dashboard.

I was wondering, among the people who posted here, who would be interested in taking a look at a preview of the new design and provide feedback?

This is of course completely optional, but you’d help us a lot shape how Bunpro will transform in the future. :partying_face:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind giving whatever feedback I can think of. Is it some manually activated beta?

No! It’s a bit different, I’ll show you a prototype and some questions and you give me your feedback through PMs. I’ll send you a message when its ready to show, thank you so much for your interest!

You guys are finally bringing cute mascots animals to the dashboard?! O_O""
Finally!

I’d be interested (but I may not be a suitable user as I also work in the UI field).

I’d be glad to help review the design.

I’m interested!

I’d definitely be interested in providing some feedback.

0.5 reviews step? :stuck_out_tongue:

The things I came to say have already been said, but here’s a summary:

Clickable SRS stage buttons
Bar charts SRS level
Change the graph units to whole numbers

Definitely interested

Sorry for being so late to the party!

Allow me to assess at a glance where I stand in my studies and how I should proceed (mainly: should I take on new lessons right now or rather wait because I need to solidify the current lessons?)

Not really, no.

Currently, when I want to assess my status, I need to look at three pages:

1. The Reviews page (when I have no outstanding reviews). It is the page that comes up once I finished my reviews, so I can’t really avoid looking at it anyways. Although it gives me the least amount of information. I usually only look at the bottom part:

1. I switch to the Stats page. Here I look at the accuracy percentage. Then I scroll down to the Breakdown by Streak (very important to know whether to proceed or to wait) and also look at the Troubled Grammar (mainly “how many are in there”, not necessarily “which ones”).

2. Now I switch to the Dashboard, look at the Ghost Reviews count (crucial for the decision whether to continue) and also glance at the SRS breakdown left to it. I also look at the Review Forecast to see when and how many reviews will come back soon. Sometimes I switch to the daily forecast to see whether my reviews start piling up or whether they remain at around the same level for the next few days.

So, as you see, there is not that much important information for me on the Dashboard, sadly.
I would love to have all of these bits on one page (and I would love to be taken to that page right after I finished my reviews).
On top of that, I am still missing some information:

• Troubled Grammar Count: Luckily this has been at a number that was easily countable at a glance, but should this get higher, then I would like to see a number somewhere.
  • Total sum of studied grammar points: I can see the number of grammar points per JLPT level in two places (Review profile and Dashboard) but I cannot see the sum across all JLPT levels anywhere.
  • Grammar points by SRS level: I would like to have a closer look at my weakest grammar points and study them once again, but I have no idea how I can get a list of them.
  • Grammar points by Ghost count: Just like the point before, this would give me an idea of my weakest grammar points, so that I could focus on them once more. (Should be especially helpful when there are issues with closely related grammar points, which is something I cannot detect during reviews.)
3 Likes

Never late when it comes to Feedback. :partying_face:

I really like the information bits you’ve pointed out as important. Implementing data from Stats/Reviews into the Dashboard seems like a very useful approach to quickly figuring out your workload.

I’ll see how can I integrate that into the prototype. Thank you so much for such a detailed response! Would you be interested in participating on the Design Review when its time?

3 Likes

Oh wow! Yes, I would love to :star_struck: