What does connecting to WaniKani API do?

In settings we can connect Furigana to the WaniKani API and I was just wondering what that does.

1 Like

It hides the furigana for kanji you already know. So if youā€™re on level x on WK, all kanji up to level x will not show furigana.

4 Likes

Ahh. Thatā€™s pretty cool. Iā€™m still pretty early on in WaniKani so Iā€™ve just been turning off the ones I knew from other studies.

2 Likes

Iā€™m new and I tried this and it doesnā€™t show furigana for kanjis I donā€™t know.

I still havenā€™t studied the kanji for ā€œć ć‚Œā€ since iā€™m level 5 in Wanikani but it doesnā€™t show the furigana for it. :thinking:

You may want to check your settings, there is a furigana on/off switch

There is On/Off and Wanikani. I selected Wanikani so it shows only furigana for the kanjis I havenā€™t studied yet but it doesnā€™t work?

Not sure if itā€™s the app or iā€™m the one doing something wrong.

I used the API to connetc both accounts.

@Turok I just want to double check. Are you selecting Wanikani, entering the Version 1 API key and clicking Save down at the bottom of the settings page? You might need to refresh the page after you save the changes. If you are still seeing furigana appear for Kanji that you should not, please let us know. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!