When to consider Grammar review answer right or wrong?

What if I understand what’s happening in the sentence (the grammar) but none of the other vocab in the sentence. Should I call that a pass or fail on the question?

Understand what’s grammatically going on in the sentence but cannot understand/read the sentence as a whole.

I’m kinda thinking yes because the point is the grammar

2 Likes

If there’s some words I don’t know I just hover over it with Yomitan ( https://yomitan.wiki/ ).

I use Bunpro for quickly acquiring lots of grammar points to keep fresh in my memory while reading other material I’m interested in to recognize it there and really solidify the knowledge through interacting with a language naturally, not for testing vocab knowledge.

If you also use Bunpro for vocab I would still give it correct even if you forgot a word in the sentence, it’s your grammar SRS not your vocab SRS after all, but if you see a word in a grammar sentence that you know you forgot and it shows up in vocab right after, you may as well give yourself a fail on the vocab SRS to ensure you see it a few more times. I don’t use bunpro for my vocab srs (though I might’ve if they let me test both meaning and reading with input, pretty please?), but when I do my vocab srs I also give myself a fail if I take too long to remember a word.

1 Like

if you know the grammar, you know it and should pass it. you shouldnt fail your ~てから review because you dont know what some random word means. the review is to review the grammar itself

2 Likes