Where can I learn about the word colors?

I have been using it recently and today I encounter a sentence with brown color over one word. Where can I read about these colors to be aware if others pop up?

ThanksScreenshot 2023-09-01 at 14.32.01

2 Likes

The colours depend on your theme but the words that are highlighted within a sentence give you a hint as to what grammar point is wanted. In this case it is showing that it is something habitual as it is done every week. As you progress to more advanced grammar points certain grammatical elements being highlighted will make it easier to know what sort of construction is needed.

7 Likes

I agree a legend for the colorations would be appreciated for the onboarding process. I think that as bunpro expands out they should think about how they introduce new people to the system. I’m adding this to the list of times newbies get caught on what experienced people take for granted @Jake

5 Likes

This (somewhat) experienced person only knows that the colors are supposed to draw much attention. I have no idea of the significance of the individual colors

6 Likes

Was about to post with the exact same question, having ran into this review today:

It’s a bit confusing as there is no real indication anywhere what this highlighting is for, nor is it clickable to show you a different grammar point or such. Is this the only other “alternate” colour that can show up in reviews, beside the blue(theme-dependent) for the grammar/vocab point being reviewed?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure one color is for the actual grammar point and the other is for the particular words that grammar point affects directly. It’s just to give you a clue as to what the answer is supposed to be.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s consistent, but often these highlighted words will be words that are part of the grammar point’s structure but not part of the answer to the question. For example the くらいは point mentions amount/number+counter as part of the structure, but the answer here is ぐらいは or just は while the amount of time is already there. Sometimes it’s particles or part of a conjugation too that get highlighted.

3 Likes