Why do some items have no description?

I just got to と言っても and it’s the first grammar point I’ve seen lacking a clear and detailed description. I want to say that when I tried Bunpro some time last year most or all of the items lacked a description like this, though I’m not sure. Are all items planned to have more detailed explanations added? When was the last time they were updated?

2 Likes

It looks like there are two grammar points for と言っても, this one lacks a description but this one has one.

You are right though, the detailed explanations are something they started adding recently.

3 Likes

Whoa, what is going on there? These two are exactly the same aren’t they? Why are they separate, and why did I see the one with no description first

1 Like

There are at least 2 or 3 duplicate points that I know of. The staff know about them but for whatever reason haven’t removed them.

2 Likes

I followed up with the dev team about this recently. They are currently testing the code required to remove the duplicates (without affecting anyones study queues). Apologies for the inconvenience in the mean time :bowing_man:.

As for the descriptions, they are an ongoing project and we will continue adding them for all grammar points in the future. :blush:

5 Likes

I for one will say that I’m very appreciative of the extra grammar details you all have been adding. I know some other posters liked the simplicity of not having them…but for me they are additional context that help create a longer lasting memory of their usage.

I recently reset BP last month and it was nice to come back to my old notes and see that the staff gave me more details to add back to my old notes. Really helped clear up small, minor confusuon questions I had about some of the grammar items, vs. just making assumptions about them and moving on to the next one.

5 Likes

It seems like the duplicates have now been purged

4 Likes

Ah, that explains why the number of N3 grammar points went from 219 to 217. I was wondering about it, so I came to the forums to check. Good to know!

1 Like