WK API V2 Update! - September 1, 2020

Bunpro is now compatible with version 2 of the Wanikani API.

Bunpro will now hide furigana for kanji at SRS level 5 (guru) or above.

You can update your API token to version 2 in your settings.

Cheers!

12 Likes

Thank you, it is working great. Just to let you know, the subtext of the key input in settings still says “Use API version 1”.

2 Likes

It’s not working right for me. I’ve entered a v2 API key and the Furigana setting is still set to “WaniKani”, but I’m not seeing any furigana at all. I’ve tried logging out and back in after saving the settings, but it doesn’t change anything.

2 Likes

What SRS level is your vocabulary on WaniKani?

1 Like

I know what you’re getting at, but it’s not just about items being in Apprentice or Guru. I saw no furigana on a kanji from WK level 8, but I’m only at level 7.

Now that’s puzzling, it actually works for me.

This might be a long shot, but are there trailing spaces on the left/right-hand-side of the API token? I know that copy-pasting my key from the WK website, there were trailing spaces that I had to remove.

3 Likes

Yay!!!

2 Likes

Was this by chance a vocab that had a kanji you knew/review but a kanji yet to be studied? I think I’ve seen this before and I think it will favor hiding based on the one kanji studied (sometimes)

This is just a separate suggestion, it would help if BP had a kanji level threshold like guru or master so people can catch up on vocab. The API doesn’t distinguish whether you know kunyomi readings or not and I’ve had it block out readings I’ve yet to encounter in WK lessons.

I just checked again, and now everything seems to be working. My issue probably got resolved behind the scenes.

2 Likes