Yearly Recap 2023

This year i’ve completely reset my level and stats starting down from Level 0 all the way to level 88.

I really love bunpro and the wonders it did to me and my japanese language skill.
Please keep improving bunpro even further.
I will be cheering the team forever on

9 Likes

Oh I think this years recap format is very cool!
I’m gonna post my numbers now C:<

I’ve actually had a kind of busy year and haven’t had much time to add new items. So I’ve only added vocab this year I think

7 Likes

I’m so grateful for Bunpro, it just works for me and has made studying grammar so incredibly accessible and rewarding. Thank you for this wonderful recap feature and all that you guys do 来年が楽しみだ!

9 Likes

Does the yearly recap still update, like if you check back later will the numbers change at any point?

I’ve checked back a few times so far and still the same numbers.
Just asking to avoid getting RSI from pressing F5 yet more times :laughing:

3 Likes

Progress reflection: Being 100% new to Japanese, I’m happy with my progress. :slight_smile: My main focus has been on WaniKani since I started back in June. I’m guessing my reviews would be much higher if vocab was included. Right now I am focusing on vocab (& kanji) while going slower with grammar. I was very happy to be able to read a sentence or two on a Japanese snack package earlier this week. :partying_face:

Next year goals: Continue putting in effort on both Bunpro & WaniKani daily, even if only a 5 minute review to keep my streak going. Also continue acquiring Japanese snacks. Plus some reading attempts from various free resources such as Tadoku’s free books.

What I would buy with my 4127 円: Yuzu Dorayaki :yum:

5 Likes

To save you from an RSI, I have added in a route that will recalculate it for you: https://bunpro.jp/user/2023/recap_recalc

7 Likes

That would be the best Christmas present ever! :christmas_tree:

I seem to be getting some error messages when trying to access it (below in case useful), but don’t worry about it and enjoy some well deserved time off :grin:

PS I hope the Bunpro team remembered to leave out a mince pie and 200 carrots for the rabbits, I mean, um … reindeer …:deer:

1 Like

I just tested it and it seems to be working. If you try it again, do you get the same error?

2 Likes

Now it’s working, thanks! :smiley:

Really wanted to see the number of days studied get to 365 and the number of reviews get to 100,000, but I think it isn’t quite going to happen :laughing:

2 Likes

My bunpro isn’t very impressive. This is only two months worth, one just now at the end of 2023, and the once month trial summer of 2020. My anki is much more impressive

I tried out the free trial of Bunpro, Wankikani, Kanshudo and Jalup when I decided to start studying back in 2020. The cost of a lifetime SRS is similar for all 4. I picked Jalup. I’m now 13,008 cards on anki (3,500 are kanji cards, 7,723 are jalup).
I do appriciate Bunpro’s design. It is very pretty.

3 Likes

I was awaiting this to make a post! :boom:

Also, since I’m here, I’ll record my current jpdb.io statistics, I hope to compare it to next year! (Also, by coincidence, I got a really nice round number!)

5 Likes

This year was fairly difficult for me, but I actually got more points mastered than I thought–good to put things in perspective! Next year I’d like to continue firming up my knowledge and probably get some more immersion in, solidify my foundation a bit before I make an attempt at N1. We’ll see where we are next year.

5 Likes

I’m posting back because, just in the nick of time, I did finally manage to achieve my goal of 100,000 reviews this year :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

PS Whoever was playing X in tic-tac-toe there was one hell of a kind player to let O win in 2 ways at the same time using the middle square of the board!

8 Likes

Oh my lord, 100k reviews. That definately has to be the highest here

2 Likes

heres mine. im posting it so I can look back later, but will these recaps be saved anywhere? like at the end of 2024 will I be able to see both of my recaps or just the 2024 one?

finished n3 literally today just in the nick of time

3 Likes

While I can’t guarantee, until staff get here, I thought it worth mentioning that last year’s summary is still available here:

Of course, this year’s recap is available here:

And this URL already seems to be doing something, but best to check back in just under 12 months’ time:

So it seems likely you’ll still be able to refer back to the annual summaries in the same place as ever.

Hopefully staff will be able to confirm if/when any of them get to your post.

4 Likes

nice i wasnt around last year so i couldnt check. thanks for checking

2 Likes

So I had finished N4 and N3 last year, plus a tiny bit of N2. And this year I only just finished N2. Damn! I knew I slacked, but wow lol.

Well, in 2024 I’ll definitely finish N1 and maybe I’ll dive into the Kansai Ben deck as well. I’m also interested in the JLPT N0 deck (coming soon hopefully). Need to get back on track!! (especially after seeing I only achieved about 10% of what you accomplished this year. Great job!!)

Bunnies don’t screw around….oh, wait :joy:.

4 Likes

I love these. And comparing last year’s is like :exploding_head: I can’t believe I’ve done this much!

2 Likes

What an amazing design on this page! Really jealous. Wish I was so talented!

1 Like