Your learning resources

Ah, thank you, I appreciate it!
I’ll have a read through the first chapter and see how I fare!

1 Like

I’m at beginner level, This is what I’m currently trying

• Bunpro
  • jpdb.io
  • kawaiiDungeon - Learn Japanese

Learning kanji has been my greatest challenge, I’ve just recently been trying these, and they seem to be working. Also writing the kanjis with the kanji study app seems to work pretty well but I don’t like that it doesn’t have a srs system yet.

1 Like

Have you tried using WaniKani? The first 3 levels are free if you wanted to give it a try. It has one of the best SRS systems for kanji out there, and the mnemonics are a gamechanger. You could also use a WaniKani Anki deck if you aren’t able to pay for a subscription but still wanted the essence of it. It’s what the majority of people use for kanji, or at least what a lot of people started with if not a textbook.

For writing Kanji, you may want to give Skritter a try. They will probably have a Black Friday sale within the next few weeks.

1 Like

I did, but it was taking too much time like 1h or even more, I realize that I was slow then I got frustrated and gave up that was my 2nd attempt at japanese I did it for 1 year and this is my 3rd attempt hahaha :,)

Hmm, to me it sounds like you weren’t pacing yourself properly. I burnt out my first time using WaniKani as well because I did lessons when they were available and tried to rush through things — which left me with hundreds of reviews per day.

This is the schedule I personally use now, which means I can get through my reviews in the morning in 10-15 minutes.

It’s of course still not for everyone! I do recommend giving it another try with a paced schedule (language learning isn’t a race ^^) but otherwise I do recommend Anki decks! You can set your pace more easily yourself, and some people work better with the straight flashcard method.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

for grammar it has been only bunpro for one year so far.

my subscription ends in december 2nd and keeping two SRS for one year (wakikani as well) became quite overwhelming for me. For 2023 I will focus more on getting more vocab.

Bunpro I ended up in N1, but since N2 halfway through became a mess in my head so I think it is not the time for me for advanced grammar at the moment, later on I will try some book for n2 and n1 and see where it goes (I dont have time or patience nowadays for books)

Bunpro at least helped me a lot from n5 to n3.

1 Like