5 Minutes for 6 Days every 7 days: A Log

Consistency~~~~~~~ 19 day streak!

Could someone help me understand what exactly ghosts are? I kind of get that they’re like leeches in Wanikani parlance, but are they cards meant to help me understand because the SRS recognizes these cards as terms that I particularly need help with?

2 Likes

i think ghosts (on the default “minimum” setting) appear if you get a grammar point wrong twice in one session. It will then appear as its own review in your review queue until you get it past ghost level 4. They appear to give you short term practice of troubled grammar points. they disappear after level 4 so they dont clog your reviews after you presumably have learned the card

3 Likes

To add on to this: if you have them set to just “on”, then a ghost is added after you miss a review once. Once you slay a ghost, the same card that you slayed can still show up in your normal SRS reviews.

2 Likes

@airbus29 and @Gacee thank you for your explanations! I seem to be getting better at the ghosts, I’m mostly leaning on the English definitions but I’m trying to learn the Japanese ones too.

1 Like

I’m not too bothered by the 40% mark. Honestly that’s what I expected. ganbaru!

2 Likes

だいじょうぶ~らしいです

1 Like

yesterday too tired, no matter, making my way to sub 50!

2 Likes

i’m pretty confident that i have a habit going here… yay!
personal lifestyle wise should probably make a list of habits i’ve started, like coding exercises, WK, and BP.

1 Like

not many thoughts today other than i’m grateful for the habit I have; since my accuracy is eh

1 Like

aye~ forgot a couple of stuff but itsok

1 Like

procrastinating on my cram schedules, since there’s no way do like in the last 48 hours, but I saw in wanikani it was a conscious decision not to provide that feature.

yea i haven’t found a way to stick the grammar points in my head, I think immersion kit is the best I have so far.

2 Likes

hello~ I had been doing my reviews late at night and so didn’t follow up on the log, but yea I’m still in it!

3 Likes

はい、お疲れ様でした!

2 Likes

even when my day has been rocky, i did my reviews~

4 Likes

it’s crazy all i’m doing is being consistent, and my reviews are going down faster than i expected, my streak is going higher than expected.

2 Likes

まだいるよ!I was meeting up with some friends and didn’t get to the reviews, but the new week has started and I’m back in it!

2 Likes

i finally switched the grammar setting so that it has the nuance already up, but not the full sentence translation.
i thought that reading the japanese explanation of the grammar would help me get immersed but i spend so much effort trying to decipher it that i’m just going to focus on the N4 grammar first, later i’ll get to the japanese explanation thing.

3 Likes

i did my reviews quite late today, but i showed up!

3 Likes

lets go!

4 Likes

i think focusing on the english explanations of the grammar points instead of the japanese ones works for me, so i can focus on the grammar. later i can learn the grammar points in japanese~~~

3 Likes