Adjust interval multiplier

Is there a way to tweak interval options even just very broadly? I thought I saw an option but maybe I’m mistaking it for another SRS platform.

My intervals feel so short to the point where I’m remembering what the answer is only by reading the first few characters of the sentence. like I just need to see 運転__ and I know the answer is しながら or 説明書 and I know the answer is 上で。

2 Likes

Unfortunately SRS platforms are always going to be flawed in some way because they’ll never be able to completely mimic real life. I don’t think changing the interval periods to a longer amount of time would help anyways since it’s important to review something new more often early on. What I’d suggest is, even though you may automatically know what the answer is after reading the first word in the sentence, read the whole sentence anyways. Then, understand why the grammar point is used in this sentence and try and listen to the whole sentence with specific focus on grammar point. If you simply enter in the grammar after reading the first word and then move on you won’t gain anything from it. However, even if you know the grammar because you remember the sentence, if you treat it like a new sentence and understand how the grammar point is used you’ll still benefit a fair amount.

SRS is a great tool, but it’s not going to be how you solidify the word, grammar, kanji, etc. in the long run. Immersion is how you’ll do that. There are a countless number of times where I’ve seen this for me. As long as you spend your time doing SRS effectively along with immersing I wouldn’t worry too much about having memorized sentences to help you recall the grammar. Eventually you’ll run into it while immersing and recall where you’ve seen it in SRS and it won’t matter anymore.

16 Likes

You can tweak the appearance of Ghosts.

Whether that’s a yes or no, it’s up to you.

3 Likes

Hey @tai

Just like @Megumin says, it is not possible to adjust SRS steps at the moment, however it is possible to control ghost reviews to small degree in settings:

Cheers!

PS
It might change in the future :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the thoughtful answer. Some of us do appreciate the effort put in. After all, more than just OP’s read threads.

Also, I look forward to your next “autobiographical” answer :wink:.

15 Likes

@tai I get that you didn’t get an answer you liked from the first responder, but that person is just a member of the community giving their take. There isn’t any warrant to be rude to them. Maybe you should seek support in private channels if you can’t handle community members responding to your posts.

4 Likes

Let’s hold off on additional replies to this one guys. I sent Tai a polite message just to explain that we are really lucky to have a lot of people here that will take the time to give detailed replies (even if they weren’t seeking a detailed reply).

Please keep any additional comments related to the OP’s original question, or I’ll have to close the topic. 🙇🏼‍♂️

3 Likes