AI based Japanese grammar checker (文法ーCHECK)

The only information saved from your social logins is your email address, which is used to create an account when you first sign in.

The reasons for requiring users to create an account are:

1. there are usage limits in the app (e.g., 2,000 characters/day), and your account is used to store your usage information.
  2. you can create discussion and explanation threads and send messages to the AI, and these are stored within your account so that they can be persisted, you can see them on other devices etc.

I know that when you sign in with Google, it says it will share your name and profile picture as well as your email address - as far as I’m aware that’s kind of the ‘minimum’ user information that Google will request for an OAuth sign-in. As I mentioned, only the email address is actually saved. If I can find a way to not request the other information then I’ll update the sign-in process, but yeah, I’m only taking the ‘base’ scope that Google provides and not asking for extra information so I’m not sure if that’s possible. If any devs have experience with this then lemme know! :slight_smile:

1 Like