Am I doing wrong answers wrong?

I love Bunpro’s various methods of suggesting and hinting to gently help me figure out what grammar each question is specifically seeking.

If I get them, or the Big Red Wrong, I hit backspace and try again. Perhaps it was a typo, perhaps I misunderstood the question, perhaps I was just wrong, but the combo of backspace/try again forces me to think through in a deductive way that is very helpful.

Once I’ve figured out a correct answer, though, I don’t want to advance it in the SRS. I want it marked wrong in my end-of-session results. The only way I have figured out to do this is to backspace the (now) correct answer and type in an incorrect answer, then submit. Is there another way?

Looking through old threads I see someone suggested binding the Q and/or ; keys to marking the answer wrong, but I can’t find an update on that.

Am I studying wrong? Should I not be using backspace/trying again, even though Bunpro’s hints and suggestions seem to encourage this approach? Or have I been blind to an easier way of marking my multi-attempted answers “wrong”?

10 Likes

If you get it wrong then the question will come back at the end if you just move on to the next one. Then at the end you can try as many times as you like.

10 Likes

Well, that’s a pretty simple solution. Thank you!

4 Likes

I do the same thing actually.

If I get a question wrong, but in a way that I think I need to reinforce the correct way right away I will backspace, type the correct answer out, and then submit to make sure I get it correct. After that I backspace again and just type あ and get it wrong so it marked appropriately. I could wait until the end of the session and now with only 5 or 6 points it would be ok, but it’s a habit I built from when I would have 100 points.

A big example for me is things like, せざるを得ない or other long answers where I may be getting it almost correct, but I am making a small typo because I am remembering one of the vowels wrong usually. like さざる or something like that. Another example is when I was learning the difference between いただきます・いただけます and other transitive pairs. It was mostly to try and reinforce the correct pattern as quickly after the mistake as possible.

10 Likes

This is the EXACT same problem I am having and was wondering how to change that feature so it doesn’t move on like I got it right. If I legitimately got it wrong, I want to honestly work on it!

2 Likes

If you want it to be wrong, then submit a wrong answer.

I do the same thing.

Not sure how this affects ghosts though…

1 Like

This is not super helpful for immediately correcting an error. My preference would be to get it marked wrong, find the correct answer, and add to the SRS for later review.

There is an additional feature, which perhaps not everyone is familiar with (indeed, I haven’t even used it myself yet!), which may provide a ‘close enough’ solution for some of the folks in this thread: Cram Missed Items.

At the end of a review session (where I’m assuming you would not use the backspace workaround, but just leave incorrect answers incorrect), or when you do a Wrap Up, on the Summary page, below the button to Return to Dashboard, there is a button to “Cram [X] missed items”.

Again, I haven’t used it myself, but maybe it would suit your purpose of directly reviewing things you got incorrect during the review? (Unless I’m misunderstanding the purpose of the workaround…?)

If you are fixing an error to be correct, you are telling the website that you actually knew the answer but for some reason it was marked wrong.
If it is in reviews it is already in SRS
If you are wanting to submit a correct answer but have it treated as incorrect I don’t know if there is a way to tell bunpro to do that. But if you go grammar point’s page they do let you manually set or change the SRS stage the point is at.
If what you are saying is that you want to force a ghost review, I would still say submitting a wrong answer is the way to do it.

1 Like

How do you add it to review?