Announcement!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share with you guys that I’ve joined the Bunpro team as a Growth & UI/UX Designer. :partying_face: This is a full time position so get ready for a bunch of cool new updates and improvements!

My job is to make sure Bunpro looks and feels great to use — and to make sure you guys have the best Japanese learning experience. How well you’ve reacted to the work done so far makes me very happy.

Feel free to tag me whenever you feel something could be done better, want to share an idea, a complaint, everything. I’ve been learning Japanese for about 5 years now, and using Bunpro for about 3. Trust me when I tell you: I understand the Japanese learning struggle. :laughing:

I can’t wait to bring the best Bunpro I can to you guys.
よろしくね!

72 Likes

Let’s go!! Bunpro is doing big things lately :eyes:

14 Likes

Wooo! The list of people to harass with questions is increasing… Muhahahaha. Jkjk, I think the update threads have this one covered. Congrats!

7 Likes

Damn, five years… Respect.

10 Likes

Congrats!!!

7 Likes

よろしく。

Thanks for the first few tweaks, I like them and it really does make Bunpro run smoother in my environment.

Quick question though: I noticed when starting reviews that the cursor is now no longer always in the entry section but … elsewhere.

Since I’ve encountered this on both my Macs (Mac Pro running High Sierra with Opera, Mac Pro running Mojave with Safari), I’m guessing it’s not me.

5 Likes

Hi, congratulations!

With all this recruiting and growing, I am sure the secret stuff Asher announced is that Bunpro is going to buy Google soon.

7 Likes

Oh man Bunpro is on fire lately! Congrats! Hyped about future updates, everything has been beyond amazing so far! :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

@Daru さん、おめでとうございます!よろしくお願いします。

2 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to your contributions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nonsense, all your feedback are belong to us.

Thank you! It’s a compromise for a lifetime.

What browser are you using Bunpro on?

We may or may not aim for Japanese world dominance.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!!

5 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: lol

2 Likes

As mentioned: Safari with OSX Mojave and Opera on High Sierra. Opera just updated when I did my reviews this morning and that has done the trick. So it’s only Safari on Mojave giving me trouble.

Thanks for any suggestions.

3 Likes

Does this mean you’re the one responsible for tweaking the colors and contrast for the grammar reviews? Either way, it looks great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new role

頑張ってください!
Please try your best!

2 Likes

Congrats!

I have one little request. When using bunpro / doing reviews with a keyboard on an iPad, i always have to tap on the input field to start typing. Is it possible to have the input field active when a review loads? This makes it easier/faster to go through the reviews.
Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is related to my query when using Safari, as it works with Opera.

1 Like

Yes I am! Although I did bounce it around a lot with the team. It was my project, but I wouldn’t say it’s my job only. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually use Bunpro on an iPad too so I really know what you mean! It really breaks the flow. I’ll talk to the team and see if we can implement a fix, as this change would also help other mobile users.

:bowing_man: Sorry for not reading properly!

What Safari version are you on? Did some digging and found that other webapps have this issue, Safari does some funky stuff with fields (like that weird zoom on iPhones whenever you click on a field). I’ll talk to the team as this seems like it could be fixed in one go with the request @JCB made, but on the mean time you could try updating to Big Sur as I wasn’t able to find evidence of that glitch, but I’m sure you’ve your reasons as to why you’re staying on Mojave.

6 Likes

Indeed: my two Mac Pro Cheesegraters are from 2012 and cannot go beyond Mojave. And since Catalina did away with iTunes, I’m in no hurry to change my whole setup. I have way too many audiobooks not bought through Apple and it’s a pain to manage those Catalina onwards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome to hear. Looking forward to seeing everything you will bring to bunpro. The future is looking good for this site