Badges!

Frick ye!!

16 Likes

Cheers!

2 Likes

I think my record is 8 days…

3 Likes

Since my last reset between 150k and 200k about a year ago, this is finally my first xp badge in ages :partying_face:

6 Likes

How long have you been using Bunpro for? 219 days in here (and still keeping the streak alive!) but only at 136k.

1 Like

I started in July 2019, but reset on August 2020. I did the Tae Kim path, and then filled up the N5 and N4 grammar. I’m gonna do a fake N4 test in July, so I wanted to have that done way before then. Every now and then I do a little extra N3 but that’s about it.

Mind you, the amount of XP grows exponentially, because you get more and more per item.

I wanna thank my mum

12 Likes

Hell yeah! I hope Bunpro adds more and more year badges to the collection so I can spend the rest of my life trying to achieve the rare 50 year badge.

7 Likes

Pretty sure that one is in there :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Screenshot_20210619_174230

The prestige :pray:

11 Likes

Nooooooooo I forgot to do reviews yesterday because I was so busy. @Jake @mrnoone is there a way to fix this? The streak has been very motivating for me and I’m afraid this will ruin that motivation over time.

2 Likes

Administration request to cheat your streak? Wow, that is desperate. Lucky if they don’t revoke your current 200 badge :stuck_out_tongue: :bunprogold:

3 Likes

:flushed: I hope not :joy:

1 Like

If you really so desperate, try to change your timezone in the Bunpro settings, your streak will be recalculated I guess.

And yeah, it’s the same for me. There are always really busy days when you can’t think about any Japanese studies during the daytime. So my maximum streak was about 100+ days. And another common way to lose your streak is doing reviews something about midnight. You did them 23:50 the day before yesterday and 00:05 today. You actually studied every day, but your streak doesn’t think so :slight_smile:

If there was a feature like Duolingo’s streak freeze, I’d got that 365 days badge for sure. But if this feature will be added, it will be kinda unfair to guys that already get that badge in a hard way.

3 Likes

To me it’s not really about those badges, it’s just that it’s a really good motivator to see that number go up. If I don’t do it for too long I forget about it.
Maybe like a streak freeze every 50 levels or so would be nice. And maybe you could only get the badge when you legitimately get 365 days or something?

1 Like

I think that might get confusing, because then there’d be two numbers to keep track of. Your actual streak vs your “streak”.

I’m not a big fan of streaks for this very reason though. It often leads to demotivation more than it does motivation, imo, since inevitably it will be broken. I get how it’s interesting for statistics sake, but that’s not really how people use it.

3 Likes

I suppose we could let it slide, just this once…

You should be all set now.

We are actually thinking about adding a mulligan option where it will give “oops” the streak once or twice total for your account. Sometimes stuff happens :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

:heart_eyes: Oh my god thank you so much

6 Likes

I’m on holiday and failed again, sorry for ruining your gift so quickly. I’ll built it up naturally from now on. To be quite honest, it felt really dirty to be acquitted anyway, so I’m almost glad it happened :sweat_smile: Thanks for showing me that though.

9 Likes

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I hope you have a strong motivation to try again now :fist:

7 Likes