Bunpro Audio (N1 Complete!) - October 10, 2021

Hey Everyone!

This is just a quick notification to let you all know that all of the audio for N1 is now complete and available through your regular lessons. :partying_face: We hope that this helps prepare for any tests that you will be doing this year, or at any stage in the future!

We will still be continually making adjustments to some sentences in various N-levels, and recording new audio where it is needed, but today marks the end of recording the majority of content.

As for N4 and N5, many of you may have noticed that (or indeed sent us feedback about in the past) not all of it has audio available, and some of the audio that is available may not 100% reflect the sentence. This was mainly due to changes that were made to certain grammar points (being split into new grammar points/sentences being edited to make them more natural) happening long after the original sentences were recorded.

As we are still in the process of editing lots of sentences and potentially splitting existing grammar points even further, we ask for your patience for a short (teeny-tiny) while. Once the bulk of the editing has been completed, Haruna and I will again record all of these sentences for N4/N5 and make them available.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Asher

19 Likes

Is this up to date or it has to still be updated on google drive?

I see last uploads from N1 are from September.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12aGTqWDqlm9BNxOYQugo2WesTBMAEsYp

2 Likes

The last few grammar points are available on the drive now too, Meg :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have no idea how hype I would be for all of the N4 sentences especially, I have a grammar audio loop playing of some grammar points, but as I’m using BunPro for N4 at the moment, adding those I’m missing would be divine!

Anyway, big thanks to you and Haruna as always for all the work you guys are doing, I (and I’m sure the rest of the BunPro Community) appreciate it greatly!

2 Likes

Highly appreciated. Thanks.

external-content.duckduckgo.como

2 Likes

I was doing a review for てはかなわない when I unexpectedly heard the voice track. I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks, guys!

3 Likes

I did some N4 review recently and unexpectedly heard a male voice for the first time. びっくりした!
Thank you guys for your hard work!

2 Likes

The male voice should be @Fuga if I’m not mistaken :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

That would be correct! I can assure you that it is not me in any case hahah :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, that is me! びっくりさせてすみません!www :rofl:

4 Likes

I didn’t even know there was a google drive with everything in it! Thank you so much. I really need to start reading more of the community pages.

This should help with my listening quite a bit. I can read (or at least get the gist) of most things I come across, but listening is basically zilch. I thought it would be easier once I moved here. lol

For the record, I don’t actually see the N5 on the list, just N1-4. Am I the only one?

1 Like

Hi there!

The N5 audio was recorded by a different voice actor in the early days of Bunpro. Unfortunately that audio is not available for download. Eventually all of it will be replaced though, so it will be available in the not too distant future!

I’m glad to hear that you think it will help with your listening! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no, I need a setting to keep old audio, I will miss her voice :cry:

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s a contractual thing where the voice can only be used on the website, and maybe has a deadline/renewal date.

VA contracts can be as bad or worse than the discography ones.

1 Like