Bunpro Grammar Explanations, N3!

There should be no trailing kana at all, that may be a bug :thinking::thinking:

Edit - or a mistake in the formatting. Got an example?

2 Likes

I sometimes get that (trailing hiragana in brackets rather than furigana) when I use the old app on my tablet, it’s probably a font thing. See if I can grab a screenie.

Edit: Theres a rogue ぜんぜん at the bottom of N3 Lesson 1: 1/18 but generally the rest of the furigana is fine

2 Likes

I see them all the time when using the “Show Grammar Info” in reviews.
When looking up grammar points individually it’s fine.

^ in reviews

^ same grammar via the Content/Grammar path

4 Likes

I was just coming to see if anybody else was pointing this out. So, yes, I second this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reports guys, will look into this asap :grin:

3 Likes

Oh wait, the trailing Kana thing isn’t supposed to be there? For some reason I thought it was there on purpose as a style thing. If that’s the case well that happens to me pretty much all the time. Makes the sentence a little difficult to read.

2 Likes

Yes I didn’t realize it was a bug but now I can confirm that it only happens when expanding the grammar point during reviews.

Review:

Non-review:

Thank you for looking into it!

2 Likes

This is great! Once I’m done with N2, I was planning on going backwards through N3 then N4 in order to solidify my foundation before moving forward. I’m looking to do that the week after next, so your timing is perfect.

Big thanks to the whole team!

2 Likes

@Edo9 @smearedink @Neph @jrmr50

This should now be fixed. Please let us know if you see this happening again. :bowing_man:

7 Likes

This is great. I had just recently started N3 and at first I didn’t realize the explanations were missing so I was surprised with the sudden drop in quality at the N3 level. I later noticed, and then that was confirmed when the explanations were suddenly added in the middle of a study session.

I was terribly ill last week and fell completely behind on my study schedule, so this is a pretty good excuse to reset N3 and start over. On one hand I fee bad about setting myself 90 grammar points backwards, but it’s more than worth it since there’s so much info packed into the explanations.

When can we expect N2? I’ve been going at a pretty fast pace :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Any info for N3 vocab release guys?

2 Likes

N3 vocab/context sentences are done, we are just editing a few minor features before implementation. I will have a chat to the development guys and see what we are waiting on specifically, then give a better answer.

5 Likes

i see… been waiting for a long time for N3 vocab.
Hope the vocab implementation could be accelerated, at least N2 before end of 2022. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Based on what we (currently) have planned, N2 vocab should be released by the end of 2022 without any issues. The only thing that would change this is some kind of severe issue that forced the content team to refocus their attention 100% elsewhere.

3 Likes

I want to say that I have been very very pleased with the dramatically increased quality of the write-ups, which I have especially noticed because I reset a short while back, so that I’ve been going back through all of N5 and now N4.

The hard work really shows!! Thank you all for putting in this kind of effort to improve the BunPro experience.

I have learned a lot of new nuances, and I find the various grammar points much easier to remember than the first time through – while this may largely be due to having learned them once before, I have also noticed that different grammar points I once had difficulty distinguishing one-from-the-other have now become much more conceptually clear thanks to the detailed write-ups!

As a result learning grammar has become much less of a struggle of trial-and-error guessing wrong and then learning via mountains of ghost reviews, and more of a streamlined learning experience.

[Also, I’m taking a much more slow-and-steady-wins-the-race pace than I first tried before I reset, which is also a factor in having an overall much more enjoyable and less-stressful learning experience. But the new write-ups have definitely had their own additional impact as well, so I wanted to give you guys some feedback about it.]

[[P.S. @Asher, what does ‘山っ気(やまっけ)’ mean next to your user name? Jisho.org says it means ‘speculative spirit’, but that’s all it says. :thinking: I’m just curious as to what meaning it has for you as a tag for your user name? :grinning:]]

5 Likes

Really glad to hear you’re liking the writeups! As for 山っ気, it just means someone that likes adventure and speculation :rofl:. Basically, just thinking about things a bit differently.

3 Likes

Cool! I will have to remember that, then, since it resonates very much with myself. :smiley:

2 Likes

About to start N3 but noticed the N3 grammar points still follow the old order, not the new one. I’m not sure it’s the same situation as N4 where it didn’t get updated but you thought it did, or if it’s just still something you’re working on (since you did say it might take a bit for the site to reflect the new order). But I figured I’d say something just in case, since I know you guys make sentences with the order in mind

2 Likes

Hi @meagstudies, thanks for messaging us! These will be updated in the very near future, as we are in the middle of a content polish at the moment (fixing typos, styling inconsistencies etc). You can expect them to be in the new order by the end of this month at the latest. :blush:

5 Likes

Ok, good to know!

2 Likes