Bunpro Grammar Explanations, N3!

Bumping this thread to light a fire under your butts to do the N3 reorder already.

4 Likes

If possible I’ll get it done tomorrow! There may still be a few sentences that use points before they should due to the old order, but I’ll get the order sorted at a bare minimum! :bowing_man::bowing_man::bowing_man:

6 Likes

The rearrangement is all ready to go, we are just waiting til after the JLPT to implement the change. So it will most likely be live on Monday :partying_face:

7 Likes

The grammar order has now been rearranged, and the two duplicate grammar points will be removed at some stage this week. Sorry this took so long everybody! :bowing_man:

We will aim to also get the sentences rewritten in a timely manner, so that there is (as infrequent as possible) use of grammar points that do not obey the new order, and use structures that may not have been taught yet. We appreciate everyone’s patience, as well as the reminders to get this done!

6 Likes

really considerate of you to think about the customers like this

2 Likes

To be completely honest, I hadn’t even considered that it may negatively impact people’s study. @Jake is the hero who reminded me that we shouldn’t shuffle anything major a day before the exam. So deep-bow to Jake!

8 Likes

Did you remove the duplicate grammar points? I think there are still two と言っても points.

1 Like

I unfortunately cannot do this myself. @Jake will update you when it is done :bowing_man:.

1 Like

For N4, I noticed that the example/SRS sentences often had other N4 grammar in them that were in future lessons - e.g., N4 lesson 7 sentences often have grammar points from N4 lessons 8-10. I assume that this is because the sentences were done before the re-order.

I’m wondering if the same is true for N3. It’s not the end of the world, but it is annoying to have explanations and flashcards using grammar points that haven’t yet been covered by the standard order.

2 Likes

Hi @quufer , thanks for the message!

If you are doing the Bunpro grammar path, things like this shouldn’t happen, and it is our fault. We are actually currently going through N3 to make sure there are no sentences like this after the reorder, but it is possible there a still a few remaining in N4. I’ll look into it and get them fixed!

2 Likes

I personally don’t think it’s that bad to have one or two example sentences which contain future grammar points, as long as they don’t alter directly the input. It motivates me even more to learn more and sometimes add a grammar point which isn’t in turn but seems interesting.

2 Likes