Bunpro's bad SRS algorithm is discouraging

I haven’t been able to go through all of the post history, but please leave an option to continue using the current SRS system if you add FSRS. Long story short I have found that FSRS doesn’t work well for my particular study habits, and it certainly wouldn’t work for how I like to use Bunpro personally. The existing functioning of the website suit my workflow perfectly.

Just wanted to add that data point. I know giving customers more options can be confusing, you can hide it in some preferences menu, as long as I can keep using it I’ll be happy.

3 Likes

We will 100% keep the default our SRS system as it is the one that best supports our learning philosophy and the way we set content up.

The FSRS implementation will be an opt in setting that users can use if they so choose.

3 Likes

Chiming into say I also prefer the current SRS system you have for grammar, as you’re not receiving the same word (or sentence) each time so FSRS would make it extremely difficult if you get a fast 4 month waiting gap on a sentence you haven’t even seen before.

2 Likes

Would the FSRS setting be global or could it be set for only grammar or vocabulary? Given that rote memorization is more effective on vocab than on grammar, it might make sense to only use FSRS on that since that’s what FSRS is optimized for.

3 Likes