Can someone help me here I don't even know what I don't know

The 2nd page of 男一匹ガキ大将
Will I ever learn stuff on Bunpro that will help me with this? I got through dragon quest and final fantasy relatively smoothly but I can’t read any of this. This manga was made in the 60s so maybe that has something to do with it. Where do I even go to study for this?

Looks like Kansai-ben to me.

edit: which, by the way, has its own vocab/grammar deck in Bunpro, but you might need to opt into the beta under Settings

1 Like

I was also thinking that it looked like Kansai-ben. Maybe that’s why you’re finding it a bit challenging?

1 Like

The two panels in the bottom right use Kansai dialect but I think all of it is covered by the Kansai deck on bunpro (せや、わい、ーへん、and final particles). Is there something else you’re having trouble with?

1 Like

Ah, thank you! Maybe learning that will help me! After studying I’ll return it and see if I still find it insurmountable

Interesting…where are these Bunpro decks located at? I don’t think I’ve stumbled across them yet. The only thing I see is at the top–>vocab–>search–> then it’s just an empty field. I didn’t know there were prescribed decks available in Bunpro. Not sure I’ll use them yet, but would like to take a peek and check them out. Thanks!

1 Like

Decks are still in (open) beta, you have to opt in before you can see them.

2 Likes

Thanks @nekoyama ! That explains it. I’ll wait a bit before signing up…not sure if there is a downside to joining the beta at the moment…I’ll keep cruising through just Bunpro Lesson Order in the grammar field for a while…and check in again later. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like