Daily Stroke Order Practice

2023年12月18日「月」

漢字:病
Kun: や.む、-や.み、やまい
On: ビョウ、ヘイ
Jisho Page and WaniKani Page

メモ:A kanji that represents how I’m feeling today. Hopefully a bit of sleep will make me feel better, but writing out this kanji was a breeze!

7 Likes

4 Likes

2023年12月19日「火」

漢字:気
Kun: き
On: キ、ケ

メモ:After my 病、my 気 has returned! I wasn’t feeling well yesterday so I come back today with a double feature!

5 Likes

2023年12月20日「水」

漢字:胸
Kun: むね、むな-
On: キョウ

メモ:My 胸 is no longer feeling as tight and congested, so I can now focus on what I love. 胸! ah, I mean 漢字! I decided to go with two relatively simple characters today so I can stay on track. Things will be proceeding as normal from here on out, health permitting!

5 Likes

@TehFlashBang さんは病を治してがすくのは嬉しいです。

2 Likes

2023年12月21日「木」

漢字:憶
Kun: N/A
On: オク

メモ:Thank you @Pablunpro for the suggestion! This is the first Kanji of this thread to just not have a Kun reading, at least according to both Jisho and WaniKani. The only reading I found for this Kanji is the On reading オク、which makes remembering what this kanji should sound like a whole lot easier. This one gave me trouble, and I will probably have to go back and re-visit it at some point to make sure I have the spacing and balance down, but it was a welcome challenge.

6 Likes

2023年12月22日「金」

漢字:水
Kun: みず、みず-
On: スイ

メモ:I decided today that instead of writing out a complex, high-stroke kanji, I should focus on refining a simpler kanji that I could stand to improve upon. Recently my 水 has been looking kinda strange, so I wanted to really drive in the proper stroke order and get it correct.

5 Likes

2023年12月23日「土」

漢字:曜
Kun: N/A
On: ヨウ

メモ:Like 憶、this kanji also doesn’t have a Kun Reading, according to both Jisho and WaniKani. Writing this one out was fun, but it ended up hurting my hand after a while with how precise it is on such a small-ruled paper.

Seeing as it is a Saturday, and it’s been two weeks since the last one…

Bi-Weekly Review!

Q1: Match the correct readings to the following Kanji.

Q2: Each of these Kanji are written incorrectly. Please state which stroke is missing, or if an additional stroke is added, mention where that stroke is.

Q3: Which one of the following Kanji do not share a reading with at least one of the others listed?

Q4: Which of the following readings do not apply to the above Kanji?

6 Likes

2023年12月24日「日」

漢字:法
Kun: のり
On: ホウ、ハッ、ホッ、フラン

メモ:Thanks to @Pablunpro for the suggestion! With this Kanji, we finish off the 熟語 word 「記憶法」which means “Mnemonic”, as well as my list of suggestions. If anyone else has any recommendations for me to try out for future days, feel free to post them in the thread.

Also…

Bi-Weekly Review Answers!

Q1: Pretty self-explanatory. Each reading should fit to one of the Kanji, and if you know your readings, this should have been simple.

Q2: For 誓、Stroke 8 is missing.
For 勉、An additional stroke is added to the 力 radical.
For 憶、Stroke 15 is missing.
For 呂、Stroke 4 is missing.
For 風、An additional stroke is placed at the top of the symbol.

Q3: 気 and 記 share the reading 「キ」、 while 強 and 胸 share the reading 「キョウ」.The only Kanji that doesn’t share a reading is 吸、with its closest reading being 「キュウ」.

Q4: The incorrect readings are 「つよ.みる」 and 「コウ」.Correct readings would be 「つよ.まる」and 「ゴウ」.

Happy Holidays!

4 Likes

2023年12月25日「クリスマス」

漢字:鬱
Kun: うっ.する、ふさ.ぐ、しげ.る
On: ウツ

メモ:Merry Christmas, BunPro Community, and to those that don’t celebrate, Happy Holidays! Today, I bring you a seemingly unfitting character, but many people struggle with 鬱 during the holiday season. To those with families close by, cherish them, and to those without, there are people out there who are, or will be just like family for you. :slight_smile:

I’ve had a great month or so working on this project with support from you all, thank you for following this thread! メリークリスマス!

4 Likes

2023年12月26日「火」

漢字:赤
Kun: あか、あか-、あか.い、あか.らむ、あか.らめる
On: セキ、シャク
Jisho Page and WaniKani

メモ:Decided to start working on colors, working my way down the rainbow.

6 Likes

These are neat. I think you gave me encouragement to even start doing for the N5 Kanji’s!

4 Likes

2023年12月27日「水」

漢字:橙
Kun: だいだい
On: トウ
Jisho Page

メモ:There are a number of different ways of saying “Orange” in Japanese, whether it be オレンジ、柑子色、and more, but I decided to go with 橙色’s Kanji form of “Sour Orange”.

I’m glad to hear it! Learning how to write down kanji can help solidify the meanings in your mind, and learning the correct stroke order will let you write them down quickly and cleanly!

6 Likes

2023年12月28日「木」

漢字:黄
Kun: き、こ-
On: コウ、オウ

メモ:A lot more decisive than the color “Orange”. I’m not sure if there are any other ways of saying “Yellow” besides 黄色

5 Likes

Hi!

I’ve searched for other ways of saying ‘yellow’. By a strange coincidence, the only other way I’ve found has to do with your Christmas Day entry.

The alternative form is this: 鬱金色うこんいろ, the gloomy gold colour. 鬱金色 is also associated to ‘saffron’, a spice that we know quite well in Spain (azafrán) as it is commonly used for cooking, mostly in the Eastern parts of the country.

3 Likes

2023年12月29日「金」

漢字:緑
Kun: みどり
On: リョク、ロク

メモ:Next in line is Green, my favorite color! Interestingly enough, one of the meanings of 青、the kanji for “Blue”, and tomorrow’s word, is also green! However, that is usually reserved for plants, and things that are unripe.

I think I remember that when I was looking up that kanji. Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

And remember the famous “青信号” use for the green traffic light. The other lights would be 赤信号 and 黄信号, as expected. :vertical_traffic_light:

3 Likes

2023年12月30日「土」

漢字:青
Kun: あお、あお-、あお.い
On: セイ、ショウ

メモ:Blue, Green, or Young, this Kanji has a number of meaning depending on what word it’s a part of.

There are also blue-ish traffic lights in Japan depending on where you’re at in the country. According to This Article, a number of traffic lights are a blue-ish green color, green enough to satisfy international traffic standards, but blue enough to warrant being called 「青信号」as well.

5 Likes

2023年12月31日「日」

漢字:紫
Kun: むらさき
On: シ

メモ:One of my friend’s favorite colors, and the end of the traditional rainbow. I’ll be doing a couple of the neutral colors in the following year, so stick around!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far, and I hope everyone crosses over into the new year in good health!

5 Likes

2024年1月1日「月」

漢字:色
Kun: いろ
On: ショク、シキ

メモ:色々な色を書いたから、今日の文字は…色!
Happy new year everyone, I hope everyone is well!

4 Likes