Deactivate correction button

I like to cheat myself and would love an option to deactivate the correction (backspace) functionality to prevent this.

Is there already a way (like tampermonkey)?

(nothing seems to be at List of Scripts)

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: deactivate “cheat myself button” man, don’t touch the site.

but bunny mode, i think, does just what you are asking for. check that out! which i’m not sure but check that out and inform us too!

have a great day, fls mert is out.

2 Likes

Bunny mode will jump to the next question if my answer is correct. But this won’t prevent me from changing my answer if I entered it wrong, right?

2 Likes

Only the backspace functionality or the buttons, too?

1 Like

Backspace would be enough^^ It’s most of the time kind of a reflex…

2 Likes

Here ya go. I think this should work.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/396170-bunpro-disable-backspace-undo

Also, did you see the mistake delay script? That one just disables the undo for a short time after answering. Might be enough if it’s just reflex

edit: apparently I did not add that functionality to the mistake delay script

edit2: Btw if you want the buttons gone completely that’s super easy to do, so if you would prefer that and just tried to be modest I can put it together in a minute

6 Likes

Wow, really cool!! Thanks a lot :smiley:

I had to create a small fix:

(function() {
var $ = window.jQuery;
$(‘html’)[0].addEventListener(‘quiz-page’, function() {
$(‘body’).keydown((event)=>{
var input_elem = $(’#study-answer-input’);
if (event.keyCode == 8 && input_elem.css(‘background-color’) == ‘rgb(229, 115, 115)’) {
event.stopPropagation();
input_elem.attr(‘disabled’, ‘’);
}
});
});
})();

(the color and $ variable)

Thanks a lottttt <3

2 Likes

I just realized that the textfield is disabled now >.> I can’t type anymore

3 Likes

Oh, using global variables work fine for me without defining them. May I ask what browser you are using that it doesn’t?

Ahaha oops! I disabled it so you wouldn’t delete any text when pressing backspace, but I only tested it on one item so I forgot to enable the textfield again. I’ll fix it, haha

3 Likes

@joda it’s updated now. I changed it to just unfocus the input element. Also defined the jquery variable, since you seemed to need it.

2 Likes

Anyone that wants to remove the button completely can use this:

As I said, much simpler

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Bunpro: Remove Undo Button
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      1.0.0
// @description  Disables the backspace functionality in reviews
// @author       Kumirei
// @include      *bunpro.jp/*
// @exclude      *community.bunpro.jp*
// @require      https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5392-waitforkeyelements/code/WaitForKeyElements.js?version=115012
// @require      https://greasyfork.org/scripts/370623-bunpro-helpful-events/code/Bunpro:%20Helpful%20Events.js?version=615700
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    var $ = window.$;
    $('html')[0].addEventListener('quiz-page', ()=>{
        $('.oops-button').remove();
    });
})();
3 Likes

すごい, @Kumi is really the best!!! :star_struck:

5 Likes

You will reconsider when you realize that I accidentally disabled not only backspace at first, but also reviews themselves :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Well the number of scripts I use on WK made by you more than make up for this.
:bowing_man: All hail @Kumi :bowing_man:

5 Likes

You look different! Did you get a haircut?

5 Likes

I’m using chromium + tampermonkey! Tampermonkey has some syntax parser included and told me that the $ variable is unknown^^

2 Likes

@Kumi Its working now^^ Thank you a lot :slight_smile: The only thing i needed to change is the color value which is somehow different for me.

Mine is: rgba(255, 77, 77, 0.8)

3 Likes

Ah, yeah the editor says that but it’s not an issue when it runs.

AH!!! I completely forgot that there are themes on BP. Gosh darn it, I will have to update the script again. I wish BP would just change the color with a class instead.

4 Likes

Ok, I think I fixed it. Changed the condition to the R value being above 200.

4 Likes

Hi Kumi, I found one small bug^^ The backspace button keeps disabled, even if I continue to the next item. So if I type something, I can’t press backspace anymore (to correct some spelling mistake; haven’t pressed submit yet). Is it possible to change this behaviour?

2 Likes