Do easiest JLPT first when review builds up ( is it possible?)

Hi,

I am the kind of guy who does not put his account on vacation mode when he takes long long break.

I have a big 250 review build up, I would like to do all of the JLPT 5 or all the ones I am the best at first. It is hard to eat away list when there is a good chuck I need to work at and they just go back to the front of line the next day. It makes scenes normally but I just want to give a try to the easiest ones first to see what I still remember so I have a more accurate list of reviews and so the other ones can refresh sooner.

Thank you

1 Like

I recently spent weeks getting a 200+ review backup (I would only do a few a day to space them out for the future) and I would have loved this feature. It just made sense to start with the reviews I could get knocked several weeks back instead of getting stuck on the ones I wasn’t so good at.

3 Likes

yeah… seeing 200+ is demotivating to me, I know it can be done but I think this would be a nice feature for only clearing large backup review.

I think most people in this situation simply remove the grammar points they don’t know anymore and then do their reviews and then add those grammar points they have forgotten back again afterwards to relearn them.

1 Like

This could be done with a userscript, if you are not opposed to using them. There’s one on wanikani where you can sort by SRS level, or by kanji level.
I can try to work on implementing it, but no guarantees on when it’ll be done since I’m still learning javascript at the moment. It is a good idea, for sure!

4 Likes

Thank you, a bit tedious but that is helpful.

That would be awesome if you can. No skills here for that ):

1 Like

I did that with the grammar points I really didn’t know, but for me it was more a matter of managing when the next reviews came than anything else. If I could knock back all the N5 points to 6 months later, that made the whole review process that much easier for the N3 points. It wasn’t a question of what I did and didn’t know, just of when they were coming up for review.

1 Like