Does Bunpou Chan have a design yet?

Ok, this is super random and I am not sure if it would be better posted in bunfire, but here I am.
I have come across bunpou chan in multiple example sentences and generally like cute mascots.
Bunpou chan sounds like a cute girl, similiar to crunchy rolls crunchy hime or playasias Obake Pam. User kun would be fun as well.
I doubt there is a design yet or an intention to make one, but I think it would be really cool.

So yeah, this is a random post and a feature request at the same time.

18 Likes

Here is my official submission for Bunpou-chan. As a proof of concept, I have drawn her to be ready to go off a very large skateboard ramp. My goal is to have her teach you Japanese grammar as she flips off of items while skateboarding around town.

Eventually, we turn her into an AI and then all the users simultaneously re-enact the movie Her. But that’s 2023 goals, I won’t get ahead of myself.

25 Likes

Perfection

6 Likes

I think if anything Bunpou-chan is more of a Harpy type figure. She lures you in with her songs of Japanese understanding before turning on you. :joy:

8 Likes

For some reason I was thinking she might be an opossum. Not sure why. I think raccoons are much cuter.

7 Likes

Not you too! The possum fever @Superpnut is spreading has infected a new individual 🥲

5 Likes

So, being a harpy, she can basically cheat while doing her skateboard ollies (ir whatever the jumps are called there)! I also encountered her in the sentences yesterday and was so surprised:). I think, being an artist, I might draw her someday haha.

7 Likes

As someone who is very well-known for my art skills, let me offer you either the portrait of a teacher I drew, or the picture I drew when I was trying to explain to my students what a mermaid was. You’re welcome.

9 Likes

I second this feature request! We need a mascot! Bunpou-chan all the way!

5 Likes

Is that Ariel and do you work as a part-time animator for Disney? :joy:

7 Likes

I… yes it is and yes I do!

4 Likes

I could tell! :joy_cat:

2 Likes

By the time you reach N1, Bunpou-chan becomes evil

12 Likes

Bunpou-chan is like cup ramen for learners :wink:

(made with chibichan.moe)

11 Likes

Full of calories and very cheap? :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

And addicting :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Pretty sure it should say

Cup
Bunpou

:joy:

3 Likes

brb going to convince the team that this image needs to appear whenever a user gets a single item wrong in their reviews

7 Likes

What do you guys think Bunpou-chan should look like? (Not throwing any shade at the beautiful renderings offered by @EdBunpro, @matt_in_mito and @Megumin )

8 Likes

a kimono with the bunpro logo would be nice and maybe dark rings under her eyes because she studies grammar every night

7 Likes