Does Bunpou Chan have a design yet?

Right? And some messy hair and she looks kind of ****ed up.
Basically, she looks the way we feel after a big grammar session.

Except hot though.

7 Likes

The hairstyle could involve buns as in ‘Bunpro’? I do like the idea of having a mascot as it could make the reviews at least a bit more bearable lol

10 Likes

With a big pencil and stains of ink because she does notebooks @Asher style

3 Likes

When you put everyone’s suggestion into Craiyon:

Before the notebook kanji practice, more noodles

6 Likes

WOW this is cursed. :rofl:

3 Likes

This looks like a fever dream :joy:. Is the one in the bottom center serving us a fresh platter of brain?

5 Likes

I tried throwing what I could get from this conversation into DALL-E and now I want ramen.

7 Likes

I like the Ideas thrown around here. They were either plain funny or really good like a kimono with the bunpro logo, classic but somewhat messy japanese black long hair and massive eyerings. (as first mentioned by Woody 883 and Aythreuk)

So in my mind she came to look like a mixture of these (but prolly messier hair):

If the cheerful route is desired though, I’d suggest basing her on somekind of (female) yokai eg. Nekomata, Kitsune or Tengu. But the kimono with the bunpro logo can still be part of that design.

As for User kun, I think some sort of blob would be funny. (Maybe basing him on kodama)

5 Likes

Sorry everyone but bunpro already has a mascot. Kinda strange how you guys haven’t realized it already.

16 Likes

Yes! She needs a bun! And she needs to be busting some ghosts that have been haunting her :ghost: Maybe she’s also a pro…

Edit: I also laughed at the idea of user-kun being a blob lol

2 Likes

Bunpou-chan is clearly a bleary eyed middleaged salaryman hunched over a desk, using a computer that still runs Windows 98 and with toothpaste on his tie.

User-kun is the kawaii girl, if there has to be one.

5 Likes

In real life yes, but on the internet he’s an anime girl. Like most of us.

10 Likes

I liked a bunch of ideas from this thread and stole them put them into DALLE2, namely:

• Bun hair, dark, messy
  • Kimono
  • Ramen
  • Angry-looking

I also liked the idea of ghosts and a darkish feel to the character.

Here are some images I created in DALLE2 and edited a bit in Photoshop:

Mysterious with ghost-like things in the background

Very malicious looking

I like the feel of this one

Dark, includes wings from the 'harpy' included in the dalle prompt

Another one that I liked

6 Likes

These are cool! But when I hear -chan I expect some kawaii! Can we get some cute angry bun girls? haha

2 Likes

Just pull a double-honorific and make her Bunpro-chan-sensei! There’s a few shows that do this where students feel ‘overly’ familiar with their teacher, and it’d be funny to mirror the closeness of the BP team with their community. And I also love the idea of having a mascot that’s a teacher who’s equally as worn-out as her students.

That said, cramming too many character gimmicks into a character design can make the character kind of incoherent, even for a mascot, but incorporating the “ghosts” aspect as taking the place of like, the metaphorical blue flames you see around manga/anime characters when they’re exerting a depressing aura would be funny. But only when she’s feeling down.

I think as an overarching color scheme, black/red/gold would be a good color combination. Black for ink, red and gold for SRS indicator icons!

Dunno about the whole ramen thing; that’s kind of “lolrandom” so I’d just as soon ditch it, but if you want to put the bunpro logo on something other than her clothing (or a tattoo :laughing: ), maybe a hair accessory, or have her hold a fan? :thinking: Dunno, not too attached to either of those ideas, but other than like, writing implements (pencil/pen/chalk/marker), I can’t think of anything else iconic she’d hold.

EDIT: I also want to point out that gold, red and black are all pretty safe choices for hair color! :wink: My vote goes to blond.

5 Likes

Just thought I would add these mockups we had done about a year ago when we were contemplating adding some sort of mascot.

Ultimately we didn’t move forward with any mascot as such, even now we are still working on polishing and finalizing the Bunpro “brand image” ™ :joy: .
Despite that, we had the original idea of one old-master type character and one peppy young teacher character. Let us know what you think!

23 Likes

Oh I like these very much!

2 Likes

BunPro itself is a (relatively) young product and still growing, so I think the “peppy young teacher character” is a perfect fit!

2 Likes

I think I’ll be happy no matter what. <3

2 Likes

Second the peppy, young teacher bit.

Those foxes are just too cute!

4 Likes