Feedback - Bug Reports

I can’t learn new stuff, when I “study” and do the quiz, the new stuff are not put in to “review” part and when i “study” again i keep seeing the same 3 items over and over.

My free trial ended some time yesterday (a few hours ago probably) and I already paid for the next month. On the subscription page it says " Your subscription will end on September 20, 2019"

edit: now i managed to do it. if it happens again i’ll past again.

2 Likes

Under ことができる, I feel like “themself” would be better than “himself” since a particular gender isn’t established.

1 Like

It appears 衆議院 and 参議院 are reversed in the English translation

2 Likes

@s1212z
Fixed :grin:

2 Likes

Audio says お母さんは not が

Under がする grammar point.

1 Like

I’m not studying any new grammar points at the moment cause this bug is so frustrating! Every time I scroll down the sentences on mobile, the page jumps up when I accidentally touch a kanji while scrolling. Pls fix!

1 Like

The MaggieSensei link on にする・くする is broken.

1 Like

@Anthropos888 Hey! We have this fixed and ready to push, however there are a few other bugs we would like to get sorted out before we can push the next update. We hope to make this fix and others available to you soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Johnathan-Weir It looks like Maggie Sensei’s site is down. Via her twitter:

My site is currently down. Please use https://web.archive.org/web/20190721193804/http://maggiesensei.com/… to see the past lessons.

6 Likes

This is a detail, maybe not even a bug but something that went away while I was gone, but the check boxes next to the additional readings on grammar points have disappeared again… I love those as they allow me to keep track, especially when I’m reviewing after a while away like now…

2 Likes

Yesterday evening (around 23:00 CEST I think) all my normal reviews (i.e. excluding ghosts) were pushed back by a month for some reason. I still have a cached page load of my profile page from before that which shows all items under “Show Upcoming Grammar” had a next review time between a few hours and 2 months, but now everything (except for the 5 grammar points I added this morning) is due in either 1, 2 or 3 months. The stats page still shows many items with a streak of less than 1 month, so it’s only the time for the next review that changed, not the actual streak.

A bit before this I got an email confirming my purchase of a monthly subscription for the second time (the first one was a month ago, after the actual purchase). Might be related? (Unless you actually just send these confirmations every month, it’s only my second month of paying so I wouldn’t know. Also, I use different emails for Bunpro and PayPal. As this required you to change something after the first payment this might be the reason why your system considered this second payment to be my first…)

2 Likes

Hey :grin:

I have informed the programming team about the issue!

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hey! I went in and pushed your reviews back to where they should have been. It looks like the new way we are processing PayPal payments caused your reviews to be pushed back when they shouldn’t have been. Sorry about that!

4 Likes

I just tried to do wrap-up, but after I re-answered the one question I had gotten wrong it kept asking me new questions. I had to hit wrap up again (which at that point said “wrapping up”) to get it to finish.

2 Likes

Audio is missing the は in には

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a 電気屋さん be an electrician not an electronics store. Or at least an employee of one?

1 Like

@Johnathan-Weir It is common in the Kansai dialect to add さん to things like nature (お日さん), food (お豆さん) and shops/stores (ラーメン屋さん).

Source: Post by ghw********さん
Post on why people from the Kansai region use -さん

I have updated the sentence to include this information. Cheers!

3 Likes

This is a Kansai thing? I thought it was just a Japanese thing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is probably an error, about half the sentences on the grammar point have this.

2 Likes

Is shortening V-てみたい another dialect thing?

1 Like

This is a てみる grammar point. Check out the grammar note, る can be dropped.

https://www.bunpro.jp/grammar_points/99

Is it fair to say this is more common in Kansai rather than exclusive to?

3 Likes