Feedback - Bug Reports

Not sure if this is on every grammar point, but at least on this one: https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/436

If you have it in your settings to hide the English, then click show on an example, it will display the sentence and an orange hint, and you can either hide the sentences or the hint, and if you click on the English the hint will still show, then clicking the hint will show the sentence again with the “Show English” text above it xD

1 Like

I occasionally get reviews that aren’t rounded to the half hour, always with ghost reviews (most ghost reviews do get rounded though). This isn’t a problem specific to the iOS app, that’s just where I have the screenshot from.

1 Like

When I hit the “submit report” button, it had me download a file of my report (on computer, idk about mobile), and seemed to error? So not sure if it went through. So apart from reporting that, here’s what my other report was:

For the sentence: " 社長しゃちょう、アカウンティングの状況じょうきょうについては数すう時間じかん後ごに **ご説明せつめいいたします" It will not display what the correct answer is. I had to search for it and the additional explanation in the example sentences. Not sure if it was on purpose, but just in case, wanted to mention it here.

Edit: When inputting the correct answer, it also doesn’t seem to alternate between correct possible answers. Usually it cycles infinitely, this one does not.

Also also, since I’m not sure if I can report errors: It would be nice for hints if you type お or ご in front of formal words and use the wrong one.

3 Likes

I’m currently getting duplicate questions during my review session. Questions I’ve already answered correctly are suddenly reappended to to queue. E.g. the question “皆みんなはポップコーンをと思おもう?[食たべる]” has now appeared for the fourth time. Could you please take a look at this?

This color of text, like the teal, also prevents the hints from cycling.
Also, the reading is in parenthesis instead of furigana.
(And should “geta” be capitalized?)

Edit:

This is happening to me, too; submitting errors prompts me to save something to my computer.

@Anthropos888 Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We have added (の)ために to hints for (の)せいで where appropriate. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to remove individual ghost reviews at this time. We will see what we can do about adding it in the future. Cheers!

@conan @Jake Thank you for letting us know about the “Show English” bug. We will look into it and get it fixed. We are looking into why a file of the report was downloaded on to your computer (thank you @Kai for also confirming this bug) . The correct answer for the above sentence as well as the alternative answers should now display properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on getting better at catching things like typing お instead of ご. Thank you for all of your feedback both on the forums and through the report button. We are trying to get through them as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Cheers!

@fuzzytipsy Thank you for your feedback. We will look into what may be causing reviews to not be rounded. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@airblaster Thank you for your feedback. Is it possible that these sentences are Ghost Reviews? If this is not the case, could you tell us at what frequency you are seeing the sentences? Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Kai Thank you for letting us know about all the trouble geta is causing! We were experimenting with adding links directly in the sentences. I have fixed the furigana reading and changed “Geta” to “geta”. We will see what we can do about getting the hints cycling to cooperate. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’ve disabled ghost reviews, so it can’t be them.
The frequency is maybe 5 minutes, it keeps beeing readded during a single review session.

This is possible as well:

@airblaster Thank you for your response. We are looking into the issue and hope to have a fix for you soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We have added this to alternative answers and included a note on the subtle differences in nuance between に比べて and と比べて. Cheers!

3 Likes

Just wanted to tell you that everything worked fine in my review session just now.

2 Likes

This grammar point should accept じゃ in place of では, shouldn’t it?

1 Like

1. this hint is confusing since the question is looking for “every” in connection with “minutes” (and not “discrete” things as described in the hint). So actually this hint is not needed here.

2. you give away the correct answer in the hint by mentioning おきに, that’s too easy. Better: “not looking for ごとに”

@airblaster That is great to hear! Please let us know if you experience the issue again. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Kai Nice find! We have added that to the list of alternate answers. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Fixed! Cheers!

I reported this with the report button, but I’ll repeat here just in case they can’t see enough from such a report.

I answered wrong. It marked me red, but didn’t give me the correct answer. There was no option to show it.

2 Likes

I don’t believe で is actually correct here.
In all the time I’ve studied Japanese, I’ve never seen 住む follow anything other than に.

I tried searching Google for “で住む,” and although it gets ~2 million hits (compared to “に住む” getting 36 million), the top result is someone asking for the difference between で住む・に住む, and the top-rated answer explicitly says:

「どこで住んでいますか?」とは言いません。
(“どこで住む~ isn’t said.”)

The 2nd-highest response also says:

「アメリカで住んでいます」 も意味は通じますが、少し変な日本語の感じがしますので 「に」 の方をお奨めします。
(“~ gets the meaning across, but the Japanese is a bit strange so I recommend using に”)

Edit:

Also, shouldn’t this answer be past tense?
Either way, the English hint feels very misleading.

3 Likes

After hitting submit, Bunpro shows the answer without だ but according to the structure it is needed. So what is correct here?

2 Likes

Where should I put feedback for BP forum? I guess I’ll just put it here, eh? I noticed some avatars not showing up :confused:

Some screenshots

2 Likes

@MissDagger Thank you for pointing this out to us. Looks like the hint that Bunpro provides when you get an answer correct for a specific reason interferes with the ability to view the correct answer. We will look into it and hopefully have a fix pushed soon. Cheers!

@Kai Nice finds! We have corrected のなかで to のなかに for this example and will probably be replacing this sentence with one that uses のなかで. である should most definitely be であった. All fixed. Thank you for pointing these out to us. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 We have removed the alternative answer that does not include だ。だ is needed after a な-adjective and before とは限らない. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Cheers!

@nanda It might have to do with the browser (looks like you are using Safari and we will attempt to recreate this on our end). We will look into what might be causing the display hiccups. Cheers!

2 Likes

Real small one - I am going through the Genki II track, and I’m at Chapter 14. “Ageru/morau/kureru” aren’t added to Bunpro yet, but “te-kureru” is. The “te-kureru” grammar point Readings tab says Genki II, 1st edition on page 34 (and 74). “Te-keruru” isn’t demonstrated at all in Genki II 1st edition in Chapter 14 or page 34 (although just plain “ageru/morau/kureru” are.) It looks like breaking “kureru” and “te-kureru” apart might be a newer thing, and this might just be a holdover from when there was only one entry. Small beans, but just saying.

1 Like

The translation is imperative but you’re looking for the dictionary form. So please accept the て form as well or rewrite the translation.