Feedback - Bug Reports

I personally like the way it is set up now because it can be very easy to blindly follow the hint and not focus on the entire context of the sentence. (guilty of it especially when I am trying to clear my reviews and subconsciously avoid reading the entire sentence)

I failed those keigo questions a few times too but as a result, I think it managed to drill in those nuances better.

2 Likes

Sometimes I donā€™t see furigana for kanji that I should. I have it linked to Wanikani.

The ā€œcreateā€ button should be in the first row.
I tried to save my notes by repeatedly clicking on ā€œnot savedā€ :wink:

Also, on mobile some of the symbols are not shown correctly in the 3rd row:

2 Likes

Might it be possible that you once clicked a word to hide the furigana manually? Then it will permanently be hidden by default.

Discussion about this feature

@Pushindawood I donā€™t think thatā€™s intuitive at all. Furthermore, it bugs me whenever I click a word accidentallyā€”mostly on mobileā€”because there is no way to undo it. I have a few ideas to improve this feature:

1. Most intuitively, clicking a word again would reveal the furigana sitewide.
  2. Implement a personal dictionary where ā€˜learned wordsā€™ appear. From that list, you could remove individual items to display the furigana again.
  3. Whenever you click on a new word to dismiss its furigana, a small tooltip shows up, saying something like ā€œYou have learned the reading of this word. Click here to undo.ā€
3 Likes

I have noticed from my previous reply that due to the colour styling of this forum, it is almost impossible to distinguish a horizontal rule (created by typing ---) from the background.

3 Likes

I doubt it because I see it on kanji I havenā€™t got a clue about. Only if I was trying to copy it to look it up would there be a chance of that, as they vanish when you do that, but I add them back if that happens. So Iā€™m pretty sure some just donā€™t show.

1 Like

This might be a misunderstanding but there is currently no way to ā€œadd them backā€. Thatā€™s what I was trying to tell you.

1 Like

You can just click the kanji to show furigana.

1 Like

What? You mean if they vanish when I copy, then reappear when I click, they are gonne be hidden every time that kanji comes up in a sentence?!

1 Like

Not according to the post above yours.

1 Like

It seems like all my ghosts disappeared after activating and deactivating vacation mode.

1 Like

Pretty sure they just become hidden by default.

ļ¼Ÿļ¼Ÿļ¼Ÿć£ć¦

Ā 

(ćØ恄恆悂恮恧悂ćŖ恄 review)

2 Likes

You havenā€™t unlocked this kanji yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The vacation mode does not seem to work properly. Has anyone else tried it out so far?

Iā€™ve had it set for the last 2 months as Iā€™ve been travelling. Iā€™ve done ALL reviews before I set it on vacation mode and if configured right, it should start off where I left of right? However once I returned now and ended the vacation mode, I all of a sudden have 29 reviews in my queue. With another bunch that will be added within the next hour.

I believe a new version of the app should be released sometime this week, maybe as soon as tomorrow. Sorry for the long wait!

@blossom Like @Kai mentioned, we get a lot of feedback on these but we have yet to find a way to do keigo that will properly quiz you while still being intuitive. :frowning: But we are working on it.

@seanblue That the keigo ones should all be separate? Or just the irregular ones?

@Lilalas Thanks for the feedback. I plan on updating the furigana in the future. I like the tooltip suggestion.

@backto2122 & @Andulien I apologize for the trouble. I am in the middle of some changes that will include fixes to vacation mode. If you would like me to manually update your reviews so they are offset by your vacation time correctly, just let me know.

4 Likes

Like a whole grammar point for ę‹č¦‹ or ę‹å€Ÿ.

2 Likes

I just got my first few burned items (SRS 12) and there was no indication during reviews or in the summary that these items got burned. Is that intended? I would like to choose wether I want to ā€œcloseā€ this grammar point forever or if I want to continue with it (without getting XP of course).
Also, any indication during reviews (like the ā€œlevel upā€ text but with ā€œburned!ā€ instead) would be nice. And the fully colored Bunpro stamp on that grammar item in the summary would be helpful as well. Itā€™s hard to find the grammar point in the summary when thereā€™s no indication at all.

4 Likes

We are not able to reproduce this on our end. What browser are you using?

@Kai Sļæ½rry about that! All fixed. Cheers!

@seanblue Thank you for your feedback. We will see what we can do about making items like ę‹č¦‹ and ę‹å€Ÿ their own separate grammar points in the future. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your feedback. Indicating when you have ā€œburnedā€ an item is not yet built into the XP system and other than showing all 12 bunpro stamps filled in on each grammar point page, we do not have any other way to display that you have gotten to streak 12. We would like to update the code so that when you ā€œburnā€ a grammar point it displays in both reviews, in the summary and on the grammar tiles (in Paths or in search). Do you happen to have any recommendations on a Bunpro version of ā€œburnedā€? Cheers!

5 Likes

Firefox on mac, using trackpad. They donā€™t always vanish. I think what happens is say Iā€™m highlighting a word so I can copy it, and I try to tap at the end of the drag to stop it at the right point, I sometimes make Bunpro think Iā€™m tapping to hide the furigana. I guess if I practice I can probably avoid it.

1 Like