Feedback - Bug Reports

My previous session count carried over from the old cram, so it is definitely possible!
I did a lot of cramming before 2.0, so I haven’t had a chance to see whether the old session count carries over towards badge achievement… I would assume so, but you bring up a good point! I hadn’t thought of that.

FWIW, I asked a question in November about how the new cram (doesn’t) integrate stats on crammed items (# correct/incorrect). Session stats seem fine though.

1 Like

The tool we use internally for marking up furigana (JV Furigana) unfortunately doesn’t allow us to do this.
I think it’s because the character 「ヶ」isn’t counted as kanji, and isn’t available as a candidate for furigana-ization.
We could potentially switch to a more robust furigana system in the future (e.g. curly braces + normal braces).

The N5 vocabulary word " いらっしゃいませ" (welcome) is not accepted when it is written like so.

however when it is typed as " いらしゃいませ" it seems to get accepted. I tried reporting via the review screen, but the report button was not working.

1 Like

On the Dashboard, in the “Your Progress” section, the “beginner” tab and “beginner” button aren’t working for me. The rest of the levels are working.

Another small typo/neologism on the お~になる page:

:wink:

1 Like

Hello. The new Cram function is very good but i don’t know if i’m doing something bad or not, but when i cram a little bit it stopped and i’m then on this page.
If i click on continue session it freeze indefinitely on “loading cram session”, basically cram is not usable for me.

[Edit] : So it maybe have to do with the complete mode option, i will now cram with it checked, but i don’t think i understand really how the craming session work when this option is off.

I have the same issue.
Funnily enough, the adept button not working either.

1 Like

Not sure why “+0” experience sometimes appears when doing reviews - I think perhaps these might be the vocab which I’ve already got right in the review session but come around for testing again and get them right again.
As far as I know, ghosts and items you get wrong display nothing in the experience bar, rather than “+0”.

Example (I have other examples if it helps):

Is this something you just noticed happening very recently? I remember discussing this bug when I was internally testing Review Beta 2.0 prior to public testing, but it seemed like it got squashed back then. Is this happening only with vocab?

Been happening for a while, I think, in the order of weeks.
Not sure whether it’s only for vocab though - I’ll try to look out for it when doing grammar reviews and post back if I notice it!

1 Like

I’ve just trying Bunpro’s vocab learning feature for the first time, I’m using the N5 deck set to “Bunkpro Cloze” mode, however unlike for grammar study I can’t seem to undo and retry when I make a mistake.

Is there a way to enable this?

1 Like

I opted out of beta and the new review system and it works fine now. I had another problem with the beta “review 2.0” system where it would tell me that there weren’t any reviews left (when there were).

1 Like

I looked at the bad JSON reply again and found the problem word and was able to remove it from reviews in vocab and fixed the issue :smiley:

@melisma and @ThisIsntTheWay ,

Are you still getting this error? I’m looking into it now, and I’m not getting it but my request to the server is pretty slow, so I think you might be getting timed out.

1 Like

Yes, still getting the error

Yeah, still getting errors on the first SRS stages.
Although both are immediately erroring out with HTTP/500, so I’m not sure if I’m really getting timed out.

I tried to look for grammar as well as vocab, but sorry I’ve signed up for Beta grammar reviews, so no longer have any indication of experience during grammar reviews.

It’s been a few days and I went to have another look. None of these words, as well as none of the N2 ones I’ve since studied, show up as started on this page (despite having been reviewed). In addition, if I go to the grammar point page, at the bottom the progress bar is missing (just the button “add to reviews”). If I click that button, the progress bar displays accurately, but after a refresh it’s back to pretending the word is not in my reviews. The display is correct on the deck page. Reviews and other stats seem to all be working correctly though.

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve just trying Bunpro’s vocab learning feature for the first time, I’m using the N5 deck set to “Bunpro Cloze” mode, however unlike for grammar study I can’t seem to undo and retry when I make a mistake. Is there a way to enable this?

If you’re learning the vocab/grammar point for the first time, you’re intentionally not allowed to undo a wrong answer! In the learning stage, a wrong answer doesn’t affect your Review levels later down the line.

I opted out of beta and the new review system and it works fine now. I had another problem with the beta “review 2.0” system where it would tell me that there weren’t any reviews left (when there were).

Where was it telling you this? In the navbar at the top of the page? Or inside the Quiz screen?
Beta 2.0 doesn’t have support yet for Vocab, so you might be seeing leftover Vocab reviews!

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback.
Is the progress showing up on the /grammar_points/ page?
Or is it just on the Lessons page and on the individual grammar-point page?
Also, are you using Beta Reviews 2.0?