Feedback - Bug Reports

New lessons working now, stats page still broken but obviously that isn’t as important. Thank you!!

But that’s my problem, the furigana setting is “On”. But sometimes it shows furigana, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it hides the furigana for kanjis I don’t know, but it shows me the furigana for a kanji I know. Should I remove the Wanikani key?

1 Like

Cram still seems to be rather buggy, e.g. on this session, I just put in 1 listening item to test, marked it as 3/good, but then scored 0% with no items found:

In these kinds of cases, often clicking “Continue Session” seems to leave it in a perpetual “loading” state.

You should be able to set the ones you know/don’t know by toggling the kanji individually (a bit of a painful process, but gives you pretty fine grain control over what you see).

If it’s in “On” mode, the Wanikani stuff shouldn’t be interfering at all.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you got any more Qs :v:

Just to report, this seems to be happening way more often now, about one third of vocab items are repeats of the previous item with an “empty” quiz to follow.

I can’t seem to access my feedback page from the dashboard at all. When I click on it it gives me an internal error message.

I’ve just finished the N3 grammar deck, having added the last few items to my rotation from there. However, when I go to the lessons page, I see that several items are not marked as learning yet:

Clicking on these grammar points also shows them as if they had not been added to my reviews yet, but they do have upcoming reviews. I believe this affects all the words that have been learned but not reviewed yet.

On my tablet when I turn it on the side, the menu can’t be collapsed.

Website not the app. App works fine. The browser was Firefox. Activating the desktop mode gets rid of that problem.

1 Like

Been having the same problem when on Bunpro in landscape mode on my tablet as well (Firefox, FYI).

First, in Deck Settings, the option for ordering items has the same header as the previous option (“Default SRS level for new items”). Guess this is more of a typo than a bug,

Pic

Second, on Cram in the iOS app (which is now Cram 2.0!), none of my unfinished reviews show up. I can access them via browser on all my devices though.

would like to see content based frequency decks (vocab) and a way to import previously acquired/learned vocab into bungpro (and a way to export from bungpro).

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the ruby text for any word involving ヶ is placed above the character(s) following ヶ in the compound word. This is because ヶ and the character(s) preceding it are outside the ruby tag. Manually moving the text inside the ruby tag fixes this issue. This is the case for both the website and the Android app.

Incorrect ruby text:
incorrect_ruby

Corrected ruby text:
correct_ruby

Vocab example:
vocab example

Ruby text for the above example:

1 Like

Just had a strangely buggy review session. Almost every question I saw and answered, it asked again but with some info missing and after attempting to answer the duplicate, it did nothing; no green highlight for right, no red highlight for wrong, no prompt to adjust answer, nothing… Reloading didn’t help at all.

Now, afterwards, it says I have 1 review left, but if I click there to go to review, it just sits at “Loading reviews!” forever…

e: count is up to 3, but still sticks at “Loading reviews!”

e2: just noticed when it’s stuck on “Loading reviews!” I have a JS error in Chrome’s console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘japanese’)

It’s as if there are 2 broken reviews in my list and they cause weird errors every time they appear.

1 Like

Small issue. Shouldn’t I have the cram 50 badge by now? firefox_o6tPsrBaOj
firefox_pbbzFMlAOw

I’m also having a similar issue with the XP badges - Total XP 124630 and the Fuji x10 (Earn 123900XP) did not unlock.

Update: I just got my Cram 50 badge after my 55th session.

1 Like

I’m having this issue right now, I think it’s a vocab item I added manually. Also, when the question repeats without info, it asks me to use kana when I answer (for vocab asking for the English translation)

Edit: Managed to do the review on mobile, no problems there.

I’ve noticed something similar, at least when I was using the old cram feature.
In my case, I think it has to do with cram sessions where I exited a new session without doing any reviews—they seemed to count toward my user stats but not to badge achievement.

btw, are you using cram 2.0?

1 Like

Yes, I am using cram 2.0. And I have not exited any cram sessions without doing any reviews that I can remember. But now that you mention the old and new cram, could it be that I had used the old cram 5 times before switching to cram 2.0? I honestly don’t remember, but I just started cramming more frequently, so it would not surprise me :thinking:

I switched to beta reviews today and it’s mostly resolved the issue for me; my Reviews count constantly shows a 1 from whatever broken review is in there, but I have zero issues during the review session now.