Feedback - Bug Reports

It would be nice to trim spaces in the search query on this page Log in - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
(And Japanese space symbol too.)
It’s a chore to remove spaces when copy-pasting things there.

Hey there! I see what you mean.

On my baby 13" Macbook they feel pretty cramped. Like Twister for my fingers.

I’ll add this to the next release. You can keep an eye out for it here.

I’m just getting this empty page for certain reviews. I’m guessing that it’s sentences I’ve added myself because I can’t submit bug reports on them and there is only 2 levels of hints. Still, it’s annoying and I don’t know how to fix it.

1 Like

Yeah that looks like it’s for Self-Study reviews.
To help me troubleshoot, I have some Qs:

• Does they work normally if you test them not on the Beta? (here)
  • Nothing shows up if you toggle the hints?

I’m unable to learn more grammar, despite this sounding like a personal problem, I’m getting an error saying I’ve completed all the grammar for my JLPT level. i changed it from N5 to N4 and still get the error. I even tried changing it to N3 and still getting the same error.

1 Like

Hi there!
Out of curiosity, is this on the Beta Learn page or the old system?

Beta learn page.

In addition to the above, I found another small error in the grammar point の下で - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro.

The translation and furigana for 協力 suggests this is the correct kanji 努力 for this word.

1 Like

I know nothing happened when I toggled hints, but I wasn’t able to test further because when I went to do some reviews just now I had no issues. Not sure why, but the reviews didn’t have any self-study sentences either. I’ll post an update if it happens again, and try switching between beta and non-beta to see if that fixes it or not.

Seems like something happened on the をもちまして grammar point page. (Not to be confused with をもって)

Nvm

Looks like it’s really some kind of regression.
I remember that checking answer with omitting parenthesis worked well some time ago.

1 Like

I don’t remember it ever working consistently.
I often end up adding the unbracketed part as a synonym, as well as the bracketed part, as well as the combination of both, etc.
However, since synonyms now seem to have quite a short maximum length, I guess a different approach might be needed now maybe :thinking:

1 Like

here’s a little bug
i assume it’s related to daylight saving time, only because of the timing it happened
i joined on the third, and have been doing lessons and reviews every day
now it says i joined on the second and missed yesterday
eleven days got shifted back in time

Fixed! Thanks for pointing this out.

Not sure if this has been reported before (or if it’s just me), but the sidebar obscures everything behind it and cannot be minimized or hidden. This is using an Android tablet with Firefox browser, but only in landscape mode (portrait mode looks fine).

Will you take a look at my previous post? I found similar errors there too, and an error with my GUI.

When I add しゃーない from the Kansai ben deck to my reviews, I am greeted with this screen when I try to review it.

When it appeared alongside other reviews, I was able to do those, but not this one. I’ve tried removing it and readding it, to no avail

I don’t know if this is a feature I’ve just never seen or what happened but posting it here to be safe
Was adding new grammar reviews from the N5 deck and after my third batch (which I normally do 3 batches of adding when I add grammar) the text went blue.

Everything still worked fine and there wasn’t an issue at all but I’d just figure I’d bug reports.

Badges are missing text/description and when I finished N3 I didn’t get the N3 badge.
Screenshot from 2023-03-17 18-34-37
I am using Firefox version 111 on Linux Ubuntu LTS 20.04.06