Feedback - Bug Reports

Just did a couple of test reviews, since it’s the 1st here too. Any reviews being done are actually being logged on the Stats page, so your streak should be fine.

無題

Just noticed this in the process, too. Not a bug so to speak, but could we get the months and hoverover text in Japanese too? It threw me seeing it in English whilst everything else is in Japanese!

4 Likes

Very minor issue

In the んだけど grammar point, casual form, けども is here twice and in the polite form けれども is here twice :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t review a couple of vocabulary items I added from the N5 deck. The reviews won’t load. I added another couple from the N4 deck, and I was able to review them, although one at a time because it would freeze after that.

1 Like

The repeated text has been removed!
Thanks for pointing out this error :bowing_man:

1 Like

After downloading and logging into the app, when trying to review it mentions the database needs to be loaded. However the loading sign has already disappeared.
I’ve left it overnight but this morning still shows the same issue whenever I try to go to my reviews.

Any way to fix it?

Sorry, haven’t gone back through the thread to check if this is already reported.

Mobile App, 2 issues:
1 - Please can the hint level reset between reviews. I like to have it on the 2nd level, try to read the Japanese, then cycle through the remaining levels.
2 - Can we have furigana on the main grammar point page when learning a new one. At the moment, I have to go to the examples and tap the kanji to see some furigana - even after tapping the main review tab’s kanji, furigana doesn’t appear.

Mobile app request feature
Please, please could we have a mute button for voice (sorry Haru san) - when I’m getting in a cheeky early morning grammar review whilst still in bed, I don’t want to blare out some superb Japanese voice recording and wake people up. So I turn the volume down, then I forget to turn it up again and get in trouble for missing calls/notifications later in the day - “why is your ringer never on!”

I haven’t checked if anyone has reported this yet, but it’s probably a rare bug so I thought I should report it and my guess as to the cause, so it doesn’t get missed by the team.

The last couple of days – certainly yesterday (March 1) and also today (March 2), but I’m not certain whether or not it also happened on the day before (February 28) – the Review Activity graph on the dashboard page has not been showing the data point for the current day. For example, today is March 2 (in my timezone, it is 10:05am, UTC 15:05, Japan 00:05 (next day, March 3, I guess)), however the Review Activity graph only shows data points from the date range Feb 2 to March 1. I.e. yesterday’s # of reviews is the last data point on the graph. That’s a total of 28 days (4 weeks), which I’m not sure if that’s typical or not (does it normally show 30 days? Don’t know).

Since this seems to be a very recent bug – I’m fairly certain it was not present say on the 27th of Feb – I have a suspicion that this may be a subtle bug related to the fact that February only has 28 days normally (and perhaps involves some sort of issue with leap years, when Feb has 29 days?).

I suspect that by April 1, the bug will ‘disappear’ on its own, or possibly even within a week or something. Thus, I suspect this kind of bug may have gone unnoticed for a while, since it (probably) only shows up at certain times of the year.

Of course, it could be a coincidence of the timing. Maybe it’s completely unrelated to the current date. Just a hunch.

4 Likes

Hi! We’re aware of the bug and are looking into it.
Thanks for the feedback :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Seems fixed on my end. Currently seeing from Feb 2 to March 2 (today), total of 29 days.

The みんなの日本語 chapter to bunpro lesson screen for lesson 9 shows 好き and きらい twice. Unless I’m missing something? Both links for each seem to go to the same place.

I can’t access paths at all in the app (Android). I can change it in settings but it doesn’t do anything. I can see the “paths” option under content on the website but it doesn’t show on the app. Help, please!

1 Like

Hi, I recently re-subscribed after a few months. When I last used the account there were a pile of reviews, i put the account in vacation mode and eventually removed the card used for payments. Now that I’ve re-subscribed I can see my progress remains but even when I turn off vacation mode no reviews have loaded and none are forecasted.

I sent a feedback thingy a few days ago but no reply as yet. Just checking if anyone else has experienced this and if maybe this can speed up the help :sweat_smile: .

Thank you

I am using reviews 1.0 in web and I assume starting from last week, even though I answered my reviews correctly on my first try, some of them have been added to ghost reviews.

I’ve noticed that my last 15 or 20 grammar points aren’t showing the Bunpro logo in the Content → Grammar page to indicate that I’ve started studying them. But the per-grammar point page does show my history of reviews.

For example, にもとづいて here:

but…

Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s relevant to note that I’ve made the N3 Grammar deck my “main deck” and in the deck listing, the grammar point does show my correct status:

The 復習から削除 button doesn’t work as expected while using during review session. If I press it on the item I studying in the session, it will be removed, but will be added again as SRS 0 after the review session is over.

Sometimes Bunpro fails to match the correct answer if it has something extra in parenthesis.

2 Likes

Last mora in the pitch accent block is dropped sometimes.

1 Like

I think there is a translation error here 以上に - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro in the sentence 私はスキー以上にスノーボードが好きだ。Shouldn’t it be “I like snowboarding more than skiing”?

Edit:
I think in this grammar point 中を - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro the wrong kanji for nozoku is used:
Should be 覗, I think.

Edit 2:
I also have a visual glitch on my dashboard. My N4 progress bar seems to be bugged.

1 Like

Can we have the Space hot - key to reveal answer for Flashcards back ?

For me it was easy to press space with thumb whenever needed to see answers, the remap to A is a bit awkward to press. :sweat_smile:

1 Like