Feedback - Bug Reports

I still like the idea of a gold stamp instead of the red one. :slight_smile: You could display that on the individual pages as well.

2 Likes

annihilation, killed, destroyed, eliminated, terminator, incinerator, eraser, master…

1 Like

A “PRO” stamp for “burned” stuff? In the sense of, “you’re a pro at that now!” Oh and I guess it’s in the name of the site or whatnot. What a fun coincidence.

5 Likes

Thanks, that was really ���.

Maybe, in addition to the existing hints, you could just add [keigo] as its own hint.

If I’m in a scenario where I should be using keigo, more than thinking “how do I make this humble” or “how do I make this respectful,” I’ll be thinking, “how do I phrase this appropriately for keigo?”

2 Likes

Cowabunga’d, Boo Yah’d, In Your Face!, Take that!, OBJECTION!, Kamehameha’d, CHA-CHING’d, ナイス!、You’re a Winner, Baby!, SSS RANK, I could go on…

I also like the gold stamp idea as well. The 12th stamp is already the perfect hue so it fits!

2 Likes

This answer needs だ in front, doesn’t it?
Or, is it normal to drop だ in this usage (like it commonly is at the end of sentences)?

Also, the Fuji x10 badge doesn’t seem to unlock properly :frowning:
Got a new streak badge too, which didn’t apply itself automatically to the gravatar like the others did, although I was able to click it to get it to show at least :stuck_out_tongue:

Also also, sorry to throw so much into one post, but:

Even resizing (Ctrl + Mousewheel) didn’t prevent the overlapping here.
(I’m using Chrome on Win10)

@veryslowlearner Thank you for your response. We do plan to add the ability to turn back on every instance of furigana that you have turned off in the past. Stay tuned. Cheers!

@conan Thank you for your suggestion. We will most likely be adding the gold stamp to items to indicate that they have been “burned”. Cheers!

@Anthropos888, @Omun, and @lopicake Thank you for your suggestions on alternatives to “burned”. We would like to incorporate “pro” somewhere in there, but “pro’d!” doesn’t quite work as well as “burned”. “Mastered”, “Kamehameha’d”, and “ナイス” are good! We will give it some more thought. Let us know if you come up with any more suggestions. Cheers!

@Kai Thank you for your feedback. I like your suggestion to use “[keigo]” in the hint to help point people in the right direction. Regarding というわけではない, the だ is not required after a noun, but is required after a な-adjective. The appearance of だ after a noun in the structure was a mistake and has been fixed. I apologize for the confusion. Thank you for letting us know about the Fuji x 10 badge and other display issues with badges. We will look into it. Cheers!

4 Likes

Okay, so… a couple of things from one wrong answer. ^____^

When reviewing: The links to けど and が are incorrect (look at the bottom left corner of my screenshot). They both need grammar_points/ added in the middle of the link. Not sure if this is true for the lesson or just when it shows in reviews.

There is no mention in the が lesson that だ/です is needed with な-adjectives. So not only did I pick the wrong grammar point, it also became wrong because no one told me I needed to look out for な-adjectives. ^^

3 Likes

@MissDagger Great finds! We apologize for the confusion. We have fixed the links and added clarification to the Structures of all three of these grammar points. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

3 Likes

This is possible as well:

Furthermore, my second guess was せいで so I used the ooops button and corrected my answer so that it was green before I went on to the next question. But for some reason Bunpro marked this grammar point as wrong in the summary and now I have the ghost review for that sentence.

Any way to remove just this specific ghost review?

I don’t think ために is okay, or at least it’s not as appropriate as せいで. せいで comes off as having a more negative connotation to me than ために., which is why I think it’s more appropriate.

1 Like

That’s true, ために has a more positive connotation. I just read the “due to” hint and ために was the first grammar that came into my mind. Together with の it would be a correct grammar construct, even if the sentence might sound unnatural then. I think best would be if Bunpro just shows a hint after typing in ために and explains why it is not appropriate here.

1 Like

They do sometimes mark an answer wrong but still give an explanation. I’d go with that here.

1 Like

Not sure if this is on every grammar point, but at least on this one: https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/436

If you have it in your settings to hide the English, then click show on an example, it will display the sentence and an orange hint, and you can either hide the sentences or the hint, and if you click on the English the hint will still show, then clicking the hint will show the sentence again with the “Show English” text above it xD

1 Like

I occasionally get reviews that aren’t rounded to the half hour, always with ghost reviews (most ghost reviews do get rounded though). This isn’t a problem specific to the iOS app, that’s just where I have the screenshot from.

1 Like

When I hit the “submit report” button, it had me download a file of my report (on computer, idk about mobile), and seemed to error? So not sure if it went through. So apart from reporting that, here’s what my other report was:

For the sentence: " 社長しゃちょう、アカウンティングの状況じょうきょうについては数すう時間じかん後ごに **ご説明せつめいいたします" It will not display what the correct answer is. I had to search for it and the additional explanation in the example sentences. Not sure if it was on purpose, but just in case, wanted to mention it here.

Edit: When inputting the correct answer, it also doesn’t seem to alternate between correct possible answers. Usually it cycles infinitely, this one does not.

Also also, since I’m not sure if I can report errors: It would be nice for hints if you type お or ご in front of formal words and use the wrong one.

3 Likes

I’m currently getting duplicate questions during my review session. Questions I’ve already answered correctly are suddenly reappended to to queue. E.g. the question “皆みんなはポップコーンをと思おもう?[食たべる]” has now appeared for the fourth time. Could you please take a look at this?

This color of text, like the teal, also prevents the hints from cycling.
Also, the reading is in parenthesis instead of furigana.
(And should “geta” be capitalized?)

Edit:

This is happening to me, too; submitting errors prompts me to save something to my computer.

@Anthropos888 Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We have added (の)ために to hints for (の)せいで where appropriate. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to remove individual ghost reviews at this time. We will see what we can do about adding it in the future. Cheers!

@conan @Jake Thank you for letting us know about the “Show English” bug. We will look into it and get it fixed. We are looking into why a file of the report was downloaded on to your computer (thank you @Kai for also confirming this bug) . The correct answer for the above sentence as well as the alternative answers should now display properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on getting better at catching things like typing お instead of ご. Thank you for all of your feedback both on the forums and through the report button. We are trying to get through them as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Cheers!

@fuzzytipsy Thank you for your feedback. We will look into what may be causing reviews to not be rounded. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@airblaster Thank you for your feedback. Is it possible that these sentences are Ghost Reviews? If this is not the case, could you tell us at what frequency you are seeing the sentences? Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Kai Thank you for letting us know about all the trouble geta is causing! We were experimenting with adding links directly in the sentences. I have fixed the furigana reading and changed “Geta” to “geta”. We will see what we can do about getting the hints cycling to cooperate. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’ve disabled ghost reviews, so it can’t be them.
The frequency is maybe 5 minutes, it keeps beeing readded during a single review session.