Feedback - Bug Reports

@Leilaure We apologize for the inconvenience! We hope to get some updates from the Android developer very soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@blossom We apologize for the late reply! We will be pushing a fix for the “add to reviews” button in Paths in our next update. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Cheers!

@heisamaniac and @Anthropos888 Thank you for letting us know about the Ghost Review issue. We have a fix ready for the next update. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 and @seanblue We have a fix ready for the review screen cropping issue ready for the next update we push. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Cheers!

@John Thank you for letting us know! We will look into the issue and see what we can do. Cheers!

@Jul3 Very different, indeed! Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We will get that audio fixed. Cheers!

3 Likes

Mentioned many times before but still not fixed: Opening links from the grammar info screen during reviews (forum discussion link etc.) will load the linked site in the same tab. On Android that will cause a whole mess when you go back to the reviews with the phone back button: wrong SRS numbers, wrong review counts (negative) and previously correctly answered reviews show up again which might even cause their SRS to increase by 2 points (?).

Please let links open a new tab!

3 Likes

Looking at ~にする -

One of the sentences uses “should” in the translation, but is asking for にする in the answer:
nisuru

Should this sentence actually accept ~にしよう? Alternately, should “should we decide on” simply be “will we decide on”?

(My confusion is due to a later question that translates with “shall” and uses volitional: :
nisuru2
)

2 Likes

Hey :grin:

Your interpretation is absolutely correct :+1:

I have changed the translation to:

What have you decided on for today’s dinner?

Sorry for the inconvienience :bowing_man:

Well, hold on - is the answer supposed to be ~にしていた now? :smiley:

1 Like

It keeps showing me furigana for every word/kanji lately, even though my settings is by WaniKani.

3 Likes

Encountered the -1 reviews again, and having 1 review left over the past few reviews when there are none. (When I click on it, it fixes itself and shows 0 again.)

Using Chrome on Windows 10.

1 Like

Everytime I login I get redirected to url at “/known_kanji” which doesnt load. What is that? Also generally site is just super slow today and audio cuts off all the time. Is there something wrong with the servers?

1 Like

@Anthropos888 We apologize for the delay. Links should now open in a new tab. Cheers!

@monkeytunes We have changed the translations and added an additional hint to all にする sentences that require a little more clarification. Hopefully this will make it more clear what Bunpro is looking for. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Cheers!

@lopicake We think that this issue was related to the odd redirect that @sandalwood mentioned, which has been fixed. Please let us know if you continue to see furigana displayed. Cheers! @sandalwood Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues. Cheers!

@conan Thank you for letting us know. We will look into it and hopefully have a fix for you soon. Cheers!

4 Likes

Still showing all the furigana. :confused:

2 Likes

@lopicake and @sandalwood We thought that we had gotten these issues fixed, but it looks like they are still being stubborn. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we get them fixed. Cheers!

3 Likes

This answer has the verb’s reading wrong:

2 Likes

I just tried to log in to the community forums and got redirected to the /known-kanji url when logged in.

Since the sentences uses です at the end, why is it だ before けれども? Or is it because です isn’t that grammatical in the middle of a sentence (I seem to remember seeing that somewhere…)?

Reading links open in new tab but the community discussion button doesn’t work anymore (Android).

I don’t know if these are bugs persay, but it’s feedback. I apologize if someone has mentioned these before.

1. I noticed recently that my settings on the phone app (android) it messed up the settings on the website. For example I turned off audio reading on the cell phone and then it was off on the laptop (which wasn’t desired).

2. The other issues I seem to keep running into (maybe it’s phone based) but the furigana shows up for words I know in WK. On the laptop, I go and turn them off, save and then turn it back to WK and it seems to be working again.

3. Which leads to the 3rd one, something is isn’t quite right with the way BP is pulling in WK stuff. I noticed this morning it seems to assume I know all things at my current level which isn’t true. In fact I haven’t started on Lvl8 Vocab. However it assumes that I know it and doesn’t show furigana. Since vocab and kanji readings aren’t the same, it was a little confusing. I don’t know if you could use the API2 key or if maybe only pull users WK Vocab (Level - 1) so that would be 7 for me.

I know you folks are working hard to make this a really great tool and so far it’s working out really well. I wanted to mention these things so if they are bugs or areas that could be improved, someone would know.

3 Likes

Not sure if this especially a bug but I guess it’s feedback overall. I used the Minna No Nihongo Path and learned up to level 4 … but there is grammar is missing in that part which is used during this chapter. In this particular case the past form of ( polite ) verbs.
It would be great if it could be added there. I am quite new to this forum so if I placed this in the wrong section please give me a hint about that.

2 Likes

@Kai
Forgot to mention, but it has been fixed the same day :+1:

@MissDagger

Since the sentences use です at the end, why is it だ before けれども? Or is it because です isn’t that grammatical in the middle of a sentence (I seem to remember seeing that somewhere…)?

In most cases, politeness is marked only at the end of the last clause. (or to be more specific, the polite form is not generally used in subordinate clauses - けど is subordinating conjunction it makes A into the subordinate clause in Aけど、B。)

So:
if you want to make AけどB more polite
you just only need to add です・ます to clause B.

You can make A into polite clause but it will make sentence very polite and in many cases unnatural.
Though it’s important to note that in
AがB - A is very often in polite form.

@Sulax
Hey and welcome on community forums :grin:

We are aware of this problem and will try to solve it soon, at the moment polite past form and short form have combined lesson that’s why it’s not used in Minna No Nihongo Path.

You can access it here:
https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/41

2 Likes

Ah, okay. So けれども is not formal/polite enough that you need です and in fact it would make it quite a bit more polite, and unnatural as you said. I get it.

I was studying the new N5 grammar and clicked the arrow at this lesson:

And it jumped me all the way to this:

Aka from 3.9 to 4.1, instead of to 3.10 (which also happened to be a new point).

2 Likes

@MissDagger Hey! Thanks for letting us know. We realized that this was happening shortly after pushing the new grammar points and have a fix ready that we will be pushing soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. Cheers!

1 Like

I wonder how that came about since, as you said, it’s usually unnatural to make the first clause polite. :thinking:

1 Like