Feedback - Bug Reports

Interestingly on the iPhone app it says 飲もう. Of course, ましょう is the polite volitional, but since that’s covered in a separate grammar point it shouldn’t be tested here.

1 Like

I’ve been reviewing this point recently, and noticed that as well, and assumed, as seanblue mentioned, that it’s using ましょう as the polite volitional form… it’s just that it didn’t tell you that in the lesson overview about ましょう… Perhaps they just need to add ましょう on the overview page for that grammar, rather than just 〜よう・〜おう. I was also a bit confused initially about 行こう or 頑張ろう, instead of よう/おう as that wasn’t explained in the overview, and some things actually do go to おう like 買おう.

1 Like

But they already have a grammar point for that.

That’s why you should always read at least one of the provided readings for each grammar point…

2 Likes

@MissDagger We have received similar reports and are looking into what might be causing the issue. We hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Andulien Welcome back! Adding “You forgot to make a selection” pop-ups and “Nuke all” options are good ideas. We will see what we can do. Cheers!

@eefara, @seanblue, and @Jul3 Thank you for your feedback. The reason we have not changed the examples that use the polite ましょう form is because we accidentally had audio recordings made that use the polite forms of the verbs rather than the casual for a few examples. Since we do not yet have the audio ready for those examples we decided to leave the polite forms in until we did. As soon as we have new audio recordings available we will change the verbs to the casual conjugations. Thank you for your patience! We will look into what might be the issue with the report buttons. Cheers!

6 Likes

while this is quite minor, it shouldn’t take more than few minutes to fix(i think?)
The brackets in the i-adj pattern is not closed. here

2 Likes

@blossom Nice find! All fixed. Cheers! 15 minutes isn’t too bad, yeah?

5 Likes

The release information suggests that there is audio available for all N5 and N4 examples yet I have come across more than one N5 grammar point that does not have audio.

For example: https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/716

Hey :grinning:

This grammar point has been added 5 days ago and the audio hasn’t been added yet.

Sorry for inconvenience :bowing_man:

1 Like

@lopicake We think that we have finally figured out the WK furigana issue. Are you still seeing furigana when you shouldn’t be? Cheers!

2 Likes

Easy one - on the Genki II track, ~そうだ is listed twice in Chap 17. Looks like the underlying link is exactly the same.

2 Likes

@monkeytunes Thanks for drawing this to our attention! We will get that removed. Cheers!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, but yes my furigana problem was fixed!

2 Likes

@Pushindawood I just did a wrap up, and there were some issues. First I noticed that the percentage bar got weird after answering one of the wrapping up questions, but then it didn’t actually wrap up. Once it got through all the wrapping up questions, it continued with new questions again.

1 Like

Shouldn’t this be どころではなかった? Or is is saying that it “became out of the question”? If so, the hint should probably mention that.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Hint mentions it now :+1:
There should be no confusion from now on :grin:

3 Likes

@seanblue Thank you for letting us know. We will look into what might be causing the problem and hopefully have a fix ready for you soon. Cheers!

3 Likes

PS: The 2nd reading’s link for おまけに: https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/691 is broken: http://richardfremmerlid.com/viewentry.php?intEntryID=17330

PPS: The page for のもとで is missing its mouseover kanji (下) for the header in the center: https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/686

2 Likes

@Kai Not as in “all of mankind”? :laughing: Thank you for letting us know so that we could get that fixed. Looks like Richard Fremmerlid’s account has been suspended which means we will need to find alternative links for each of his entries as none of his appear on the way back machine either. It is a shame, because he had a lot of great information. We do not have furigana set up for headers/hints yet, but it is something that we would like to have available soon. We do our best to include the reading where furigana cannot yet be displayed though. Cheers!

3 Likes

I think someone might’ve mentioned it on here before, but I just noticed it myself. I think I’m getting ghost reviews after getting a question marked wrong, hitting backspace, and correcting it.

2 Likes

Isn’t this redundant? 条件の下下で?
It looks to me like the sentence should say 条件____少なくとも, and the user should provide のもとで.

Here’s a list of 40 example phrases using 条件の下: 英辞郎 link
Here’s also a link with natives confirming that 条件の下 is read as もと, not した: HiNative link

None of the 40 phrases involve した + もと, unless I’ve missed something.

3 Likes