Feedback - Bug Reports

Bug report:

This example sentence (doesn’t appear on grammar point’s page, so I can’t get you the ID) of grammar point 431 does not have ruby tags for all kanji (can’t show furigana).

As you see below some kanji are in plain text

edit: Saw the same thing on grammar point 348. Forgot to take a screenshot, so I can’t say which sentence it it, but it’s not one of the example sentences on the grammar point’s page. This was a ghost review, if that matters, the previous one was not.

Some of the words look buggy in the “Study” area, as shown in the screenshot.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the same.

See bottom left:

1 Like

FYI if you build your tables using Discourse’s syntax instead of the HTML tags, they’ll magically make it work better on small screens. With wider tables, the HTML version can get cut off on phones.

For example:

Col1 Col2
A B
C D
1 Like

Huh, I didn’t even know that was a thing

Bug report:

Example sentence 1074 of grammar point 351 is missing the period when being reviewed. Just to be clear, the example sentence is fine, but the sentence being reviewed is missing the period. Do you have some internal terminology for what to call the version of the example sentence that you review?

1 Like

Bug report:

Grammar item 387 has very inconsistent highlighting of the grammar point in example sentences.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding us. Unfortunately it isn’t as simple as just deleting a duplicate or just merging the two. But we will be taking care of it in the near future!

@haomaru87 @Kumi All fixed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

@kumi We will take a look at those grammar points. Thanks!

Grammar point 28 is missing the word in brackets when reviewing. Since 大切 is not part of the grammar I think you should put it in brackets.

In the meantime, you can remove the duplicate grammar from your own reviews if you want.

1 Like

Middle click / ctrl click to open in new tab is broken in multiple locations.

Often I want to open one or more grammar points in new tabs, but often the link is opened in the current page, making that impossible.

1 Like

There’s some overlap between the hint and the “alternative grammar” text.

Grammar error: している is correct, not すている!

1 Like

Fixed! Thank you very much!

I’m not sure if all these qualify as bugs, but I’m reporting them anyway so you’re aware. These are all on the Android app. I use a Galaxy Note 8 running Android version 8.0.0

First of all, I can’t seem to add new lessons. Or at least, it’s not intuitive.

*Note I got to this screen through the “Lessons” button, I don’t know why the top bar says “Study”. Menu dots only contain “show guide”.

Another thing is on the example sentence screen, if you refresh the screen the sentences multiply and/or over lap each other.

That was an example of the overlapping. Additionally, is there any way to get rid of the furigana in the parentheses, at least for those opting out of furigana?

I’m not sure if this is purposeful, but on the review screen the line where the answer populates disappears from time to time. It only reappears once you start entering text.

As you can see, the answer blank should be visible at the end of the sentence, but there’s nothing there to indicate that.

Please forgive me if these have already been reported on this thread or on a different thread already.

Looks weird to me that you have 5px padding on the left side and 15px padding on the right here

Bug report

Grammar point 237:

Example sentence 731 has a period at the end, its respective study question does not.

1 Like

Bug report

Input completely collapses instead of returning to being underscored. No idea why this is happening.

Fixed! Thank you very much for noticing it!

1 Like

I only notice because when that happens my autocommit script can’t find the answer, haha. I have it set to alert me when that happens so that I can report it to you.

1 Like