Feedback - Bug Reports

Hey and welcome on the community forums :partying_face:

I have forwarded your problem to the technical part of the team!

Cheers!

2 Likes

On my phone, when I tap on a word that doesn’t have furigana, it shows me the furigana. On my PC, it when I click on a word that doesn’t have furignana nothing happens.

How can I enable the on-click toggling of furigana on PC?

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s not a browser extension like ScriptSafe or uBlock Origin blocking the functionality? I have furigana disabled on the entire site by default, but clicking words to toggle still works for me.

3 Likes

The mobile app is still having loads of issues with crashing randomly and search not working, please get to it when possible. :smiley:

3 Likes

There’s a thread for reporting issues for their mobile apps, I’d post there too:

4 Likes

Grammar point 416 example sentence 2087
Study question includes brackets around the verb, the example sentence does not.
May very well apply to all sentences of 416.

3 Likes

@squarepajamas Thank you for your report. We are looking into what might be causing the issue and hope to have a fix for you soon. Thank you for your patience.

@Kumi

This was done intentionally and applies to all of the verbs for this grammar point. When you need to conjugate a verb on Bunpro, we include the dictionary form of the verb in brackets. If you see a verb that needs to be conjugated that is not surrounded by brackets, please let us know. Cheers!

3 Likes

So the example sentences should not have the brackets?

Ah, wait, nevermind I get it. You’re saying that it’s the same as the verbs appended to the study questions. If that is the case then it makes sense that it would not be in brackets in the example sentence.

4 Likes

I have ublock origin and tried disabling it for bunpro. It didn’t work… I wonder what the issue might be…

2 Likes

It might not be uBlock causing it. If it’s handled with JavaScript (which it probably is), it could be caused by extensions like NoScript, uMatrix, any sort of privacy app that affects JavaScript basically.

Did you try a different browser on the same computer to see if worked?

4 Likes

Grammar point 627 example sentence 7918
Incorrect furigana image
and missing furigana image

4 Likes

I pressed spacebar and the hint disappeared :sob:

EDIT: Seems I discovered a cool new feature.

6 Likes

I just had a bug in my reviews with the sentence “次の電車を待てばよかったです。” (the first example sentence for ばよかった). My answer was wrong but it wouldn’t show me the correct answer :confused: the button to klick for the right answer wasn’t there and pressing “a” also did nothing

The next time I saw the sentence, everything was fine

2 Likes

@Kumi Thank you for letting us know about the incorrect and missing furigana. Cheers!

@Pep95 You can also press f after you have entered an answer to show the grammar info, press a to show the correct answer or cycle through alternative answers when available, and p to play audio. The delete / backspace key also works as a hotkey for the “Oops!” or “Undo!” buttons. Cheers!

@Neko Hey! This is actually a feature. There are a few answers on Bunpro that are automatically counted as wrong, throwing a hint/warning, and that will not allow you to check the answer so that you can use the information in the hint/warning to try again. Since the conjugation for ば is so crucial for this grammar point, if you make a mistake, Bunpro will tell you that there is a special rule and should try again. Cheers!

4 Likes

Something wrong with one of the ということは review questions.

3 Likes

Why are you using ids (HTML) for general information? The thousands duplicate id warnings are freezing up my console

4 Likes

Bunpro under maintenance? I can’t review today and I have 140 to do

1 Like

@notgreen Thank you for letting us know! I have updated the sentence. Cheers!

@Kumi Sorry about that! We are working on cleaning this type of stuff up. Thank you for your patience. Cheers.

@someone2020 Are you still experiencing issues? We are not able to reproduce this on our end. Thank you for your patience. Cheers.

2 Likes

The bug report page seems to be broken at the moment (406). I was hoping to report that grammar item 122 may have an error. The pattern for this lesson is " 〜ようとおもう", but when you mouse-over the header item to see the kanji, it becomes “〜おうと思う”. I think it should instead be " 〜うと思う".

(edit to clarify: not that it isn’t sometimes an おう sound, e.g. for 言う, but I thought mousing over was only supposed to show kanji substitution, not change the example.)

2 Likes

Not sure if this is worth reporting, but grammar point 294 has an example sentence starting with 9時 whereas its related study question has 九時 instead

3 Likes