Feedback - Bug Reports

Awesome! Happy its still on the radar since that thread is a bit old :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

This didnā€™t unlock for me either. Itā€™s supposed to be at 123,900 right?
(Edit: Ah, it looks like you guys are manually unlocking it for others as well.)

When I try to scroll a page in the Examples section by arrow keys after I have played an audio, the ā†‘ key works as expected, but the ā†“ key reduces volume in the last played audio and doesnā€™t scroll down the page. Seems like a bug to me.

Small pedantic mistake, I highly suspect this is meant to say 悁恐ćæ悓 (Megumin).

Today when I tried to do reviews, no text is being rendered on the page. I sometimes get the orange hints on the bottom but the main text is completely missing. I tried using Safari and Edge (Chromium version) both on my macOS laptop and got the same results. Refreshing the page doesnā€™t help. I tried changing the theme and that also didnā€™t help.

https://bunpro.jp/study

EDIT:
Switching to wanikani API v2 keys fixed the problem for me, as someone suggested in another thread.

2 Likes

I cannot update my WaniKani API key to V2. Whenever I input it, and the field asks to ā€œclick ā€˜saveā€™ below to confirmā€. Upon hitting save the page goes completely white, and doesnā€™t do anything anymore. When I go back to my bunpro settings afterwards, my old V1 key is still in the field.

Hey @mathijsdm! Are you on a desktop? If so could you please PM me with a screen shot of the white page with your inspect console open? That should help me pin point the problem!

2 Likes

Tried to do it again to take the screenshot, this time it went through successfully. No idea what caused the error, but allā€™s well that ends well :slight_smile:

Anyway, thank you very much for the prompt response @Jake!

1 Like

Iā€™m not exactly sure whatā€™s happening, but I seem to not be able to get through the log-in screen while my scripts are running today. I put in my log-in info and hit the button and it transfers to a blank white screen. This happened a few times, so I checked the inspect console and noticed it said that my scripts were ā€œnot definedā€. I temporarily disabled them and was able to log in just fine. I then re-enabled them and reloaded the home/profile page and it also worked just fine. I assume itā€™s an issue with the log-in page + scripts specifically. I thought Iā€™d mention it because Iā€™ve never had it happen before today.

Also seems to happen on the log-out screenā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m finding it nearly impossible to do reviews. Every time I click on ā€˜reviewsā€™ it takes minutes to attempt to load and then gives me an application error-this page does not exist.

The site is usually slow, but itā€™s been getting worse the last few days.

Iā€™m having a similar problem with multiple subpages of Bunpro right now. Sometimes loading works fine, but most of the time it says the page doesnā€™t exist.

Have you clicked that word specifically to show your furigana? I think by clicking it you toggle it on for that word (override).

I also believe its per each individual Kanji and not the word as a whole. Are you over level 5 for each Kanji? If you were over level 5 for one Kanji and not the other I believe it would still show furigana for the word.

I donā€™t think so? Maybe @Pushindawood can answer (or correct me) The only way you can see is if you go into developer tools every time you click a Kanji there is an API call that either adds or removes the known Kanji.

This is the exact same issue Iā€™m having, but it hasnā€™t resolved itself lol.
Now it wonā€™t let me change ANYTHING on the settings page. If I donā€™t change anything, I can hit ā€œsaveā€ and it goes through perfectly fine.

1 Like

@sadgravy If you are using scripts,can you try disabling tampermonkey (or equivalent) temporarily when you try and update? I remember someone else posting that this solved their problems, might be some interference with a script or something?

I only thought about this now, but when trying updating again when asked, I was on my laptop (no scripts) and first time on my desktop.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll try this! thanks friendo

1 Like

YASSSSSS @mathijsdm come THRU
It worked and I feel kinda dumb for not trying it sooner lmbo. I wish I knew what script it was :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Hey, so I was studying two new grammar points either yesterday or the day before yesterday and I remember it saying the usual ā€œyou new grammar points will show up in 4 hours againā€, so I clicked okay and moved on but the next morning I wasnā€™t asked any of those grammar points and the counter on the main page doesnā€™t show them either (I had 3 N1 grammar points before and still have 3 and not 5).

Itā€™s not a big problem but Iā€™m just kinda confused on why that happened. Iā€™m using Safari 14.0. on MacOS if that helps :slight_smile:

EDIT: They weirdly also appear in my statistics

1 Like

Today Iā€™m unable to access https://www.bunpro.jp/lessons. If I try to, I get an error message (see screenshot). Also, once I get the error, the UI bugs out and Iā€™m unable to navigate to other pages.

Logging in/logging out or doing a hard refresh after selecting a different page letā€™s me escape back to normal. Iā€™m still able to do reviews, etc.

3 Likes